A&H

Goalkeeper colours

I shake my head sometimes, it’s like your looking for any excuse to cause a scene. Get on with the game, it’s football not a fashion show. Say what you see, if there is confusion on socks on a throw in just shrug them shoulders! Not your problem!

The Referee Store
As much as I would play on re socks, we need to bear in mind the senario of an up and coming referee being assesed by someone who might want things done by the book. Ref gets two or three clash balls wrong and tries use the socks confusion as an excuse, there are plenty assessors who would hammer them and tell them if the socks caused such an issue, dont start the game
I guess its one where i could understand a safety first approach from someone being watched, but also a carefree approach from a general sunday league game where only spectator is an over hanging tree

Well the grinch assessor needs more Jelly babies them, football is a bloody game played by players and enjoyed by fans...... Sadly, as refs, they are not there to watch you 'perform', get on with the game at all costs as long as its safe... Sock colour is just a bloody stupid excuse to spoil everyones day and costs incurred... Report it if you have to but get that whistle in your gob!!!

OK, well this wasn't Sunday league for a start, it was a WPL match with one of the teams being the ladies reserves of a current Premier League side. And it wasn't just socks, but both managers were being stubborn about even changing their shirts, so I wasn't exactly motivated to be flexible in order to accomodate their inflexibility.

And finally - and perhaps most importantly - I'm entirely entiled to not put myself in that difficult situation if I choose not to. I'm surprised to see people on here telling me I should ignore the LOTG in order to make my life harder. And all because two proper grown up teams couldn't manage some basic admin!

nevermind socks, plenty times have blown to get captains for coin toss and made it clear we need a ball, to which 30 odd hands go up in the air going " a what?"

1995 FA Cup Final - Somewhat surprised me at the time, but this wasn't deemed a colour clash, as much as it annoys me and makes my life more difficult as a referee, I am not going to take issue with 2 youth teams who turn up with the same colour shorts/socks, especially when the FA don't for the main event of the English football season.

football-1995-fa-cup-final-wembley-20th-may-everton-1-v-manchester-0-picture-id79024423

Sorry, just me, or is one sock blue and black, the other sock, black with a thin stripe of red? Therefore, not the same? Is anyone saying they would not allow that? I see your example and raise you mine , with a clash of legs and still the sock difference is clear . Am more concerned that in 1995 clearly only one watch was the norm for linesmen and also still upset because i was at the game and I still think am asleep from it to this day....

Attachments

• 79024353.jpg
    79024353.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 12
Theres a significant amount of Black on Everton's socks to present a potential clash, especially when both sides were wearing white shorts.

Yeap, Steve Bennett was one of the assistants for that final. Stuart started out as a Chelsea blue before joining Everton then Sheff Utd.

Theres a significant amount of Black on Everton's socks to present a potential clash, especially when both sides were wearing white shorts.

Yeap, Steve Bennett was one of the assistants for that final. Stuart started out as a Chelsea blue before joining Everton then Sheff Utd.
Thats correct, followed by Charlton and finishing at the carrot crunchers in Naarwich... Good player!!

Normally I just get on with it, but clashing socks isn’t something I see that often in my games.

As for Graeme’s example, WPL should definitely know better, Considering many of them, if not all, wear the same kits as their male counterparts there’s simple no excuse for two teams to turn up with clashing kit.

Huddersfield vs Stoke - I am amazed in this day and age when professional teams often have 3 kits every season and occasionally wear their away kits even when there isn't a clash for commercial reasons that the Premier League and match officials allowed this. Cold overcast December day @ Grassroots level, one of these teams would be finding a set of bibs or alternative shirt PDQ before kick off!

Video-ket-qua-bong-da-Huddersfield-Town---Stoke-Kich-chien-mau-lua-hai-don-choang-vang-2017-12-26t161239z_2105244497_rc1a88e9c950_rtrmadp-1514311122-61-width660height371.jpg

Again as I said earlier, I'd kick up a fuss if they both tried to wear white socks (and the fact they are both wearing white shorts isn't ideal), but the shirts are fine with me.

Again as I said earlier, I'd kick up a fuss if they both tried to wear white socks (and the fact they are both wearing white shorts isn't ideal), but the shirts are fine with me.

The same shorts does mean that there is a lot of white on display. I'd try to get one of them to change shorts, but I can't see a problem with the shirts.

Don’t see problem with the colours myself, and you’d struggle to sell the decision to the teams that there is a colour clash.

I’m with GraemeS in that if they were both in white shorts and socks I’d make one team change, more so if I were on my own, but with neutral assistants then I think between the three of us we would be able to cope.

And at grass roots football, the away team will have only one strip with them, and the home team's spare kit is at the skipper/coach/manager/long suffering partner's house which is a seventy minute round trip......get the match started......

Back