A&H

Grass Roots Season Curtailment (?)

Alliance Committee meeting tomorrow for NLS steps 3-6 I believe.
Only a matter of time before null and void announced.
FA said after last suspension those leagues won't restart until fans allowed and bar open.
No point anyway since National League N/S are null and void.

The Referee Store
Only a matter of time before null and void announced.
FA said after last suspension those leagues won't restart until fans allowed and bar open.
No point anyway since National League N/S are null and void.

Also the FA announcement specifically states that the end of June announcement does not apply to steps 3 to 6.

Also the FA announcement specifically states that the end of June announcement does not apply to steps 3 to 6.
So with County Leagues also specifically excluded from the grassroots extension, Saturday league football below Step 1 will only take place at the very lowest levels. I reckon a large number of high quality players coming into Sunday football for the remainder of the season could make life interesting for the officials refereeing those games!

Overall though, potentially good news at true 'grassroots' level as the extension to June should (where pitch availability allows) allow for three months of pleasurable football in decent weather!

Assuming Step 3-6 is indeed Null & Void then will be impossible to do standard promotion / demotion for referees at Level 3 & 4. However (much like with the clubs themselves) will be interesting to see how the FA choose to fill the inevitable gaps at those levels caused by retirement and other natural drop outs ......

So with County Leagues also specifically excluded from the grassroots extension, Saturday league football below Step 1 will only take place at the very lowest levels. I reckon a large number of high quality players coming into Sunday football for the remainder of the season could make life interesting for the officials refereeing those games!

Overall though, potentially good news at true 'grassroots' level as the extension to June should (where pitch availability allows) allow for three months of pleasurable football in decent weather!

Assuming Step 3-6 is indeed Null & Void then will be impossible to do standard promotion / demotion for referees at Level 3 & 4. However (much like with the clubs themselves) will be interesting to see how the FA choose to fill the inevitable gaps at those levels caused by retirement and other natural drop outs ......
Good news.... the extension to June
I see the H&D League in our area have already started discussions aimed at finishing their season, although a decision may take some weeks to reach. Anyway, looks like we have some football to look forward to! :)

Midland Junior Premier League (biggest junior League in the Midlands if not the country) will run from April 3rd until June 26th. Saturday mornings
Clubs are able to opt out by March 3rd.

But think of all the L2b, L3 and L4 referees available ...

And also NLS Feeder leagues (no step 7), so while other divisions can be extended; the top division of most Saturdays grassroots football cannot finish.

Apparently Premier League academy football (training and matches) can continue from March 8th

Yeah, 18s and 23s have been on for a while haven’t they

Some academies have carried on operating at much younger age groups than that. I've certainly seen details of U16 games played since lockdown 3.0 started, an pretty sure I've seen U15 as well.

Some academies have carried on operating at much younger age groups than that. I've certainly seen details of U16 games played since lockdown 3.0 started, an pretty sure I've seen U15 as well.
Interesting, I’ve seen one or two 17s but nothing below that

Back