A&H

How long before Coronavirus impacts Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
I saw a clip of Steve Bruce saying they were stopping doing handshakes before the games etc...!

I think he's referring to hand-shakes during goal celebrations, so I think the Mags are in a safe place WRT this Corona thing
No, he said in an interview they have a tradition where the players all shake hands in the morning before training.

Their Dr has advised them not to do this and to fist bump instead.

Steve Bruce did say the players can still celebrate if they score a goal.

One of the (Saturday) leagues I officiate on has emailed everyone saying that with immediate effect the pre game respect handshake is not to be carried out due to virus spreading fears.

One of the (Saturday) leagues I officiate on has emailed everyone saying that with immediate effect the pre game respect handshake is not to be carried out due to virus spreading fears.

Several have now seemingly done this.

Several have now seemingly done this.
Yep, supply league I'm on issued statement suspending the pre match handshakes, including at the toss and also post match with players.

Looking forward to carding someone for shaking hands...

🤣

(Not UK)... I just found out that someone who was at the same complex of pitches as me at the weekend has tested positive.
All those potentially exposed, including his team and schoolmates, are in self isolation and getting tested.
We have a national helpline, I just called and checked I am not on the list of those potentially exposed.

On one hand relieved, on the other hand, that's very close to home.

Booked a trip to Italy for the 19th March, it was a Christmas pressie from my kids, Not sure what we are doing yet, it’s Rome but still Italy! Thoughts?

Booked a trip to Italy for the 19th March, it was a Christmas pressie from my kids, Not sure what we are doing yet, it’s Rome but still Italy! Thoughts?
Play it by ear I guess.

The situation is changing daily, so see what the guidance is closer to the time, you may find that flights are cancelled if there isn't the demand for them anyway.

Ive been through a slightly similar thing before, I was supposed to go to Gambia a few years ago but there was a bit of tension after an election. Eventually the government banned tourist flights so we could rebook to somewhere else. 8 months later we went there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back