A&H

I hate the rain

Kref

This season so far hasn't been to bad. Made my debut to Open Age. Did my first Open Age County Cup. Pushing for promotion to Level 6.
However of the 4 games I was meant to do this month 3 of them have been postponed most notably with the one today and last saturday getting postponed due to the rain. Is making me doubt whether I can actually hit the minimum of 25 games this season or not.

Anyone else starting to hate this country for the copious amounts of rain we recieve?

The Referee Store
25 games across a season than runs August/September to April/May should be easy to achieve if your availability is half decent

Whatever gets postponed now usually goes back in during a midweek towards the end of the season.

Don't stress.

Anyone else starting to hate this country for the copious amounts of rain we recieve?
It does get frustrating. But it will improve, honestly. I’ve had similar spells myself where I’ve lost games all over the place, and they’ve had a major impact on me both in terms of promotion and financially. At the time we had only one wage coming in, and a new baby to provide for so the football money was keeping our heads above water.

But it will improve, I assure you.

And as for getting your games in, can you do Sundays? Whole not always the best for observation purposes, they’ll count. Even if you can only do 1 per month you’ll make up for your games lost to date.

25 games across a season than runs August/September to April/May should be easy to achieve if your availability is half decent

Whatever gets postponed now usually goes back in during a midweek towards the end of the season.

Don't stress.
Problem is I can't do midweek fixtures only saturday games due to personal reasons, i would have had 10 games had this not been postponed.

It does get frustrating. But it will improve, honestly. I’ve had similar spells myself where I’ve lost games all over the place, and they’ve had a major impact on me both in terms of promotion and financially. At the time we had only one wage coming in, and a new baby to provide for so the football money was keeping our heads above water.

But it will improve, I assure you.

And as for getting your games in, can you do Sundays? Whole not always the best for observation purposes, they’ll count. Even if you can only do 1 per month you’ll make up for your games lost to date.
I can really only spare saturdays, as the time involved to travel is not worth what I need to do on Saturdays.

It's worth remembering that unlike previous seasons the game threshold does not need to be reached in a single season. If you make 20 this season you can be promoted when you've done another 5 next season and can go to the next promotion level straight away.

This season so far hasn't been to bad. Made my debut to Open Age. Did my first Open Age County Cup. Pushing for promotion to Level 6.
However of the 4 games I was meant to do this month 3 of them have been postponed most notably with the one today and last saturday getting postponed due to the rain. Is making me doubt whether I can actually hit the minimum of 25 games this season or not.

Eh.... what country are you in? It was a balmy 22 degrees today tho but and I was sweating like the proverbial

Eh.... what country are you in? It was a balmy 22 degrees today tho but and I was sweating like the proverbial
In England but north, and the north is like a whole another place. With it pissing down in rain today and past 3 days.

It's worth remembering that unlike previous seasons the game threshold does not need to be reached in a single season. If you make 20 this season you can be promoted when you've done another 5 next season and can go to the next promotion level straight away.
I did not know that, I think that will help relieve alot of stress as my season will be ending in April

We're in one or the driest summers and autumn's on record. Unless you're up on the peak District then I can't fathom why games are getting called off.
We're still on a hosepipe ban in the south west, witb the reservoirs still frighteningly low, and trust me I'm from the north and it is significantly wetter and wilder down here so beyond belief to think games are getting called off.
We've had our first postponement down here today for weather and it was only one game!

In England but north, and the north is like a whole another place. With it pissing down in rain today and past 3 days.
I’m the same in the north west if it’s any consolation - had a few called off already and had a few weeks out after surgery but slowly getting there. Game by game we’ll get to that 25!

We're in one or the driest summers and autumn's on record. Unless you're up on the peak District then I can't fathom why games are getting called off.
We're still on a hosepipe ban in the south west, witb the reservoirs still frighteningly low, and trust me I'm from the north and it is significantly wetter and wilder down here so beyond belief to think games are getting called off.
We've had our first postponement down here today for weather and it was only one game!
I live way above the peak district, when I say north I mean very far north. Honestly at the moment where I live there is currently a risk of flooding.;

Updata Lads and Lasses:
Of my 3 postponed matches all three are now same time, 14:00, same day, same weekend. Looking like I will be stretching myself very thing that day

Having been "oop North" this weekend I can concur that it was very, very wet.
Yes realised that poster is in Westmorland FA which I assume covers some of Yorkshire dales and overlapping Cumbria too. It's always wet in Sedbergh when I visit so I guess maybe that area has issues ... However, I'm doubtful as to whether that is anything new for that part of the world so providing poster has good sat/sun availability I am sure they will be fine.

Yes realised that poster is in Westmorland FA which I assume covers some of Yorkshire dales and overlapping Cumbria too. It's always wet in Sedbergh when I visit so I guess maybe that area has issues ... However, I'm doubtful as to whether that is anything new for that part of the world so providing poster has good sat/sun availability I am sure they will be fine.
Last season most of my fixtures it was raining, but not to the extent that fixtures were getting cancelled. In regards to availability I'm good for most saturdays. However season will be ending earlier so might be a bit harder.

Back