A&H

IKEA Pencils

The Referee Store
I've been taking my daughter to a lot more crazy golf recently too #MoneysWorth

I'm currently in the queue in the food hall for my second £1 Fish and Chips! I'll be coming here more on a Friday!

Here in Canada, I suggest that 3-4 refs get together, hit Staples and buy a box of 144 golf pencils for... under $3.

So, essentially, 2 cents a pencil :)

What is this craze with writing I thought that all youngest did everything on their phones ;)

I saw one new referees running with their phone on their sleeve, thinking was they listening to music. No they where timing the game, they dod not have a watch :eek:

Best source of free pens - Barclays Bank they just leave them out for you.....:alien:

What is this craze with writing I thought that all youngest did everything on their phones ;)

I saw one new referees running with their phone on their sleeve, thinking was they listening to music. No they where timing the game, they dod not have a watch :eek:

Best source of free pens - Barclays Bank they just leave them out for you.....:alien:
Please don't steal the pens from my employer

The Americans spent millions during the space race because they couldn't work out how the Russians could write in space. Turns out they were using a Pencil.

I'll stick with that
i cant understand the obsession with pens for refereeing a pencil wont let you down

Pencils need sharpening, risk of breaking and needing a sharpen during the game? How do you cope with this situation?

Pencils need sharpening, risk of breaking and needing a sharpen during the game? How do you cope with this situation?

A cheap plastic pencil sharpener in your pocket?

I always have one (pencil sharpener) in my pocket when I umpire & score cricket matches.

Have done it when ref-ing football, too, but I'm normally content with a couple of spare pencils n my pocket and sharpener in my bag on the touch line.

As an aside, IKEA pencils aren't that good (in my opinion - too soft) I discovered this gem in the classroom, not the football pitch - they are the perfect size for a pair of compasses.

The Americans spent millions during the space race because they couldn't work out how the Russians could write in space. Turns out they were using a Pencil.

I'll stick with that
That's a famous story that is mostly false.

Although Soviet cosmonauts did use pencils in space for a time, so did the Americans. However, it quickly became clear that pencils were a very bad idea since they had a habit of breaking and sending tiny eye-seeking fragments of pencil lead and wood bits into the air. There were also some concerns over these fragments potentially damaging equipment, even perhaps causing a fire.

So there was a need for pens that could work in space.

A cheap plastic pencil sharpener in your pocket?

I always have one (pencil sharpener) in my pocket when I umpire & score cricket matches.

Have done it when ref-ing football, too, but I'm normally content with a couple of spare pencils n my pocket and sharpener in my bag on the touch line.

As an aside, IKEA pencils aren't that good (in my opinion - too soft) I discovered this gem in the classroom, not the football pitch - they are the perfect size for a pair of compasses.
i have found that to be a problem with some pencils sold in pound shops, with the soft led. never ikea interestingly

PowerTank pens ... once you've used them, you'll never look back! love love love them ... got 2 now, when 1 dies ill be buying another 2 (or refills?)

Back