A&H

Issue with Cold Hands

Adfox11

Level 7 Referee
Anyone got any recommendations for ways to keep hands warm during the game. It’s the one part of me that seems to really suffer during the cold weather and obviously I need to have my hands in good operation. I’ve tried gloves previous years but none have made much difference. Today in the wind and rain they were so painful. Cheers

The Referee Store
Get better gloves. I ref in the next county to you I was in winter running gloves and my hands were fine. I did do a parkrun with no gloves before the game and my hands were in agony during that. Anyone north of Crewe should be banned from this thread as they have only just stopped reffing in skins #refsashardasnewcastlefans:):):):)

Tiger balm on the inside of your wrist where your pulse is strongest. Do not touch your face after applying it or any other sensitive parts of your body. Make sure you wash your hands well.

Get better gloves. I ref in the next county to you I was in winter running gloves and my hands were fine. I did do a parkrun with no gloves before the game and my hands were in agony during that. Anyone north of Crewe should be banned from this thread as they have only just stopped reffing in skins #refsashardasnewcastlefans:):):):)
Im from Newcastle and I ref with a top underlayer if cold but I don't use bottom underlayers as we are adviced to wear tracksuit bottoms if we feel it's too cold for shorts which I admit I do do but I think it doesn't look all that professional

I've never ever worn anything but shorts for my lower body. I have worn, however, cycle shorts if it's been too cold just to keep some heat in.
I've got a cotton thermal top which is a size smaller than what I wear under my shirt and it does the job tremendously.
Was out in my short sleeve shirt all winter last year with it on. Again, for some reason, I just think long sleeves don't look that good. I've got a long sleeved shirt but only wear it if I've not got my thermal.

As for hands, I've seen older, experienced, refs using vasoline so will attempt that next time it's cold.

Back