A&H

Jimenez Double Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what this debate is all about. Nice work Mr Moss (I think it was JM). Only one person to blame for this. Should also be further sanctioned for the length of time it took the muppet to leave the pitch. I've no problem with a Referee doing some Refereeing. Of course I haven't!

Anyone arguing to the contrary, is complicit WRT the direction the game has been heading (for too long)

Last edited:
The Referee Store
He clearly was ready, or he would have had it retaken with no sanction issued.

I don't get these attempts to try and blame the referee for the absolutely sheer stupidity of a vastly experienced international player. Even his own manager is backing the referee and blaming Jiminez, the only peole that seem to think Moss was at fault appear to be fellow referees. More so, even Wolves fans don't have an issue with the referee, EVERYONE in football expects a caution there.
The whole point of the discussion is that I think he made a mistake in the heat of the moment - using "if he hadn't intended to make a mistake then he wouldn't have made a mistake" is clearly circular logic!

The whole point of the discussion is that I think he made a mistake in the heat of the moment - using "if he hadn't intended to make a mistake then he wouldn't have made a mistake" is clearly circular logic!

At the top levels they just want to get the ball down and play quickly, and referees let them do that. 30 years ago that ball would have inevitably been clumped into the penalty area with all the defenders having gone forward, and it was back then more important about getting any opponents 10 yards away. Jon Moss here was happy for Man City to play quickly and Jiminez prevented that.

The higher the level of football the more the players want the referees to just let them get on with it.

By letting the offender get away with being an idiot? They that live by playing silly beggars...
You seem to be ignoring my very first sentence.

I give you one very basics item for free in the form of below image (he was lucky he did see the offender being an idiot). If you want more, I charge an assessors fee 😊

Screenshot_20211213-042223__01__01.jpg

The referee, having completed the sanction, was required to whistle the restart.

The offense was wrong to take the kick without a referee whistle. That earns a warning at least if not a card.

If the referee had carded for delay of game before the kick, I'd agree.

The restart was illegal and occurred before the 2YC.

I dont agree with the second yellow.

There's no consistency with distance on free kicks. There is a later free kick with 2 mancity defenders within 10 yards, not retreating preventing a restart and he did nothing.

The referee, having completed the sanction, was required to whistle the restart.

The offense was wrong to take the kick without a referee whistle. That earns a warning at least if not a card.

If the referee had carded for delay of game before the kick, I'd agree.

The restart was illegal and occurred before the 2YC.

I dont agree with the second yellow.

There's no consistency with distance on free kicks. There is a later free kick with 2 mancity defenders within 10 yards, not retreating preventing a restart and he did nothing.
Did any City player stick out a foot to block the FK?

I cant see any issue with the second caution. As others have said it's all on the player, not on the referee. Kudos to JM for doing it and not trying to manage his way round it to keep a player on the pitch.

It’s one where we have to disagree.

For me this whole first half, and this particular incident, is really useful to learn from because the referee loses match control, loses concentration, and his pooe handling of decisions lead to follow yellow cards, including a second yellow that seems incorrect in law - or at least very creative/tenuous.

Totally agree that the player is s total melon and deserves it;)

To be clear (again) I am not questioning JM's final decision. It's how he came to have to make that decision. Once he had to make the decision, he made the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back