A&H

Just dropped my biggest clanger to date!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be misreading your original post, but did you actually blow the whistle? It reads to me as though you didn't, and this would go some way to explaining the appeal for an indirect free kick (unless they really were DAF)

No I blew for the kicker to take the kick, the set up was fine it was after the goal had been scored that I had my brain freeze.

Pathetic of me so annoyed at myself.

The Referee Store
No I blew for the kicker to take the kick, the set up was fine it was after the goal had been scored that I had my brain freeze.

Pathetic of me so annoyed at myself.

Dont be annoyed with yourself, just do better. We can all make errors in judgement, kick ourselves for missing something but Law is there in black and white and all you have to do is read it and read it and read it. You will then be the only person on that pitch who knows them and you can give your decision with conviction.

This is not the first time you have questioned your own knowledge on LOTG.

Spend the closed season studying that book and i guarantee you will come out next season a better and more confident referee.

Dont be annoyed with yourself, just do better. We can all make errors in judgement, kick ourselves for missing something but Law is there in black and white and all you have to do is read it and read it and read it. You will then be the only person on that pitch who knows them and you can give your decision with conviction.

This is not the first time you have questioned your own knowledge on LOTG.

Spend the closed season studying that book and i guarantee you will come out next season a better and more confident referee.

Am pretty sure 9 if not 10 out of 10 folk who were there are aware handball is direct.
The fantasy that this event happened can be added to every other mythical tale so far

Thats how I see it, its like extra practise on those obscure test questions that are never going to happen (until they do)

Thats how I see it, its like extra practise on those obscure test questions that are never going to happen (until they do)
Well I am not sure that applies here though. Deliberate handball happens numerous times in just about every game. And naming the direct free kick offences is in just about every written lotg test.

Well I am not sure that applies here though. Deliberate handball happens numerous times in just about every game. And naming the direct free kick offences is in just about every written lotg test.

Crossed wires. I was leaning more towards the pile of dung part of the story, an exam question like. " is it permissable for the referee to ask Google for advice during the game"

Who knows what the future could bring, parks refs with head cameras recording the bad boys at first hand and aiding referees with tight calls. A great leap of faith would be VARs but you never know with the advancement of technology to come. Who would have predicted the last 20 years of new tech!

Subject to enough stress or abuse, there are some routine Laws a ref could trip up on, but DFK for HB is a stretch on the imagination. I could see a day when discreet cameras could be worn by all referees for retrospective training or disciplinary evidence

Fair enough your all so perfect that it’s beyond you that a new referee has faced stumbling blocks in his games so far, either that or your trying to provoke a reaction out of me.

Do you honestly think I want to come on here each week making a fool out of myself, I’m not going to rant & rave I won’t give u the satisfaction, believe me or not I couldn’t give a damn, I get the message I’ll not post or interact with fellow referees on here anymore, I’ll go it alone from now on.

There is mainly decent folk on here & then there are some 1st class arrogant members that don’t help one bit.

I had my pre conception on referees before I qualified & by god a few of you on here have backed that up!

Your stories in 2 months are more than I have ever heard or experienced in near 30 years.
I have worked with the , erm, refs that need a bit harder work, for years, and of course made the odd howler or wtf moment too
For you to have it every game is stretching it a bit far but am a good rod and I like to bite like fishy fishy.
Referees are just humans. Who happen to sit a LOTG class
And you are Hans Christian Anderson or a creation from that Harry Potter author.

Your stories in 2 months are more than I have ever heard or experienced in near 30 years.
I have worked with the , erm, refs that need a bit harder work, for years, and of course made the odd howler or wtf moment too
For you to have it every game is stretching it a bit far but am a good rod and I like to bite like fishy fishy.
Referees are just humans. Who happen to sit a LOTG class
And you are Hans Christian Anderson or a creation from that Harry Potter author.

Sums you up then you may know the lotg but you couldn’t judge character if it smacked u in the face, you can’t read someone’s raw emotion in words on a message board & believe it.

Probably why your a sad lonely little old man that spends his time straightening the tins in his kitchen cupboard.

Fair enough your all so perfect that it’s beyond you that a new referee has faced stumbling blocks in his games so far, either that or your trying to provoke a reaction out of me.

Do you honestly think I want to come on here each week making a fool out of myself, I’m not going to rant & rave I won’t give u the satisfaction, believe me or not I couldn’t give a damn, I get the message I’ll not post or interact with fellow referees on here anymore, I’ll go it alone from now on.

There is mainly decent folk on here & then there are some 1st class arrogant members that don’t help one bit.

I had my pre conception on referees before I qualified & by god a few of you on here have backed that up!

No one asked you to post them, we’ve all had f//ck ups. Some even admitted on here, some far far worse than this, stop being so fragile. You asked for comments, not one has been harsh or nasty, grow a pair, we all do stuff that we regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back