A&H

Just dropped my biggest clanger to date!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
No one asked you to post them, we’ve all had f//ck ups. Some even admitted on here, some far far worse than this, stop being so fragile. You asked for comments, not one has been harsh or nasty, grow a pair, we all do stuff that we regret.

Missing the point Sheff not fragile or looking for sympathy just can’t believe I’m being accused of making up fantasy events, my refereeing career has that many head in hands moments that people actually don’t believe they’re true that hurts the most.

Who knows what the future could bring, parks refs with head cameras recording the bad boys at first hand and aiding referees with tight calls. A great leap of faith would be VARs but you never know with the advancement of technology to come. Who would have predicted the last 20 years of new tech!

I'm young enough that I can imagine a future where there are automated headsets a referee will have to wear, that will be run by an AI and will tell the referee if a foul or breach of the laws has occured. All the referee will be required to do is keep the camera on the headset pointed at the action. This will happen at grassroots as it will be cheaper than the professional level one, which is multiple cameras in the stadium with a the referee being a ceremonial position to ensure there's no AI error.

Subject to enough stress or abuse, there are some routine Laws a ref could trip up on, but DFK for HB is a stretch on the imagination. I could see a day when discreet cameras could be worn by all referees for retrospective training or disciplinary evidence

You say that, but I get asked every week whether an offence is direct or indirect, particularly just from simple tackles and handballs. I suspect there are some referees who are operating on old law, misinformation or are just inconsistent that keep these little myths going.

is it permissable for the referee to ask Google for advice during the game"

Beats me. If I've ever had doubt I'll head immediately to the LOTG in the dressing room at full time though. Can't imagine whipping that book out in the middle of the field and saying 'hold up lads, let me double-check!'

Atleast u can have a bit of banter I can give u that.

I would have paid for you to come down from Scotland to watch my game lastnite & see what I did.

Anyway it is what it is u can believe what u like, maybe I should keep them to myself from now on or even better read the book & not have them at all.

I would have paid for you to come down from Scotland to watch my game lastnite & see what I did.

Anyway it is what it is u can believe what u like, maybe I should keep them to myself from now on or even better read the book & not have them at all.

Please dont. I have seen or either been the cause of most bizare things that can occur, to stop the game and ask Siri takes even my imagination to darker depths

Maybe there is a lesson here MIB, think twice, post once! So many posts in 2 months isn’t leaving much time for rational thinking! Chin up!

Am honest waiting for Chris Tarrant to appear next time you give a pk and offer you the chance to phone a friend.....

Wow, what a completely unbelievable pile of poo.

We all make mistakes, 17 minutes into my first ever game there was a handball on the line, I awarded the penalty (no need to refer to google) but for some reason I didn’t send him off. Luckily there weren’t too many complaints, but never made that mistake again.

I can’t believe that anyone who claims to be a qualified referee doesn’t know that a handball is a direct free kick/ penalty. I also can’t believe that an entire team would all be on script to try and convince the referee that it should be indirect, I know some players like to try and pull the wool, but the entire team and spectators and coaches? Give me a break.

What’s going to happen next week? A story about how you awarded a drop ball after an alien landed in the middle of the pitch, abducted the away team number 7 and replaced him with a goat, only for the Home team to say it should be a penalty?

a470c4a117c6dad31a08568e310ad4a5.png

Wow, what a completely unbelievable pile of poo.

We all make mistakes, 17 minutes into my first ever game there was a handball on the line, I awarded the penalty (no need to refer to google) but for some reason I didn’t send him off. Luckily there weren’t too many complaints, but never made that mistake again.

I can’t believe that anyone who claims to be a qualified referee doesn’t know that a handball is a direct free kick/ penalty. I also can’t believe that an entire team would all be on script to try and convince the referee that it should be indirect, I know some players like to try and pull the wool, but the entire team and spectators and coaches? Give me a break.

What’s going to happen next week? A story about how you awarded a drop ball after an alien landed in the middle of the pitch, abducted the away team number 7 and replaced him with a goat, only for the Home team to say it should be a penalty?

I’m shaking my head whilst writing this, I’ve got a 2yr old daughter called Harper that I love more than life itself, I swear on her life may god strike her down dead that every single word I’ve written on this forum is the truth including last night.

The team last night played a cup final last week ( there’s a poster on here that can vouch for it he refs in the same league as me) and there was a massive incident regarding idfk that’s how the incident evolved last night they still weren’t sure of the rule & me being new and not clever on my lotg had a brain freeze!

I’m shaking my head whilst writing this, I’ve got a 2yr old daughter called Harper that I love more than life itself, I swear on her life may god strike her down dead that every single word I’ve written on this forum is the truth including last night.

The team last night played a cup final last week ( there’s a poster on here that can vouch for it he refs in the same league as me) and there was a massive incident regarding idfk that’s how the incident evolved last night they still weren’t sure of the rule & me being new and not clever on my lotg had a brain freeze!

Oh its Harry Kane. Silly us

Then you must be the unluckiest person to ever referee a football match, as some of the things you encounter are completely unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back