A&H

Just got my promotion letter.

RobOda

RefChat Addict
Level 3 Referee
Average mark: 8.2

Promotion to 3B.

That would be my old grade before I took ill and had to have a temporary break from refereeing. Been a five/six year journey to get fit enough to get back into refereeing - I was told by some that I had more or less no chance of ever refereeing again, so it just goes to show...

Anyway, going to apply for promotion again next season, I really want to achieve my FAW badge and you have to be 3A to get that I think. So, hopefully I improve enough to do so. :)

Hope everyone else has been successful in their pursuits for promotion. I saw the England promotion threads, but there must be others outside of England that have been promoted as well? :)

The Referee Store
Congratulations.... Quite a few have had difficult weeks with promotions so its great to have some success on here after all this negativity!!!

Huge congratulations, well done! What sort of standard is that where you are out of curiosity?

What sort of standard is that where you are out of curiosity?

3B would allow me to be the referee at Tier 4 in Wales, which would be the Welsh League Division 3.

It also lets me be Assistant at Tier 2 and 3 (Welsh League Division 1 and 2), so just one below the Welsh Premier. I used to run the line on the WL1 and 2 in the past. :)

My Ref's officer's advice has been to hold off on doing A/R duty though, as he thinks I need as much refereeing as possible since I'm getting elderly now! :D

The system goes like this:

Cat 1:
International (FIFA List)

1A: Welsh Premier
1B: Welsh Premier Talent

Cat 2:

Welsh League Division 1 (and Northern equivalent, Cyrmu Alliance Leagues). A/R's for the Welsh Premier come from this grade.

Cat 3:

3A - Referees for Tier 3 (A/R for Tier 2) - Permitted to wear FAW Badge.

3B - Tier 4

Cat 4:

4A - Referees with 3+ years service, grassroots only. (Age 16+)

4B - Referees with 2+ years service, grassroots only. (Age 16+)

4C - First year referees (Min age: 16+)

4D - First year Under 16 referees.

4E - Non Actives.

---------
4C's are not permitted to act as A/Rs. You have to be 4C for 1 season minimum, and 4B for two seasons minimum, and I think you have to get promoted for both categories now, but I was permitted to skip those as I came back as 4A last season to see if I could cope with the demands having been out for so long.

Bit of a lengthy answer, sorry! Hope it helps though, we did used to have the 1-8 system in place back in the day but it was reformed, there's a lot of reforms happening in Wales at the moment and in the upcoming future. Exciting times. :D

You missed an 'o'.

I'm getting elderly now!
Funny when I was in my late teens I used to think anyone over 40 is old. Now I think if you don't have to use a walking stick (or a walking frame), you are not elderly.

Good luck with the paperwork reffing Llanvirepoollguingillgogeruqueerndroboollllandusiliogogogoch FC.... :confused:

Ah, I don't go that far North!

One team I dealt with in the past was: Penrhiwceiber

Don't ask me how to say it...

you are not elderly.

Ah, it was tongue in cheek. I'm nearer to 40 than teenage though so... It was really, in all seriousness just my ref's officer managing expectations that given my age it was unlikely that I would get to the very top given how few years I have to work with and given how many younger, fitter lads would be about.

But he did say he would do what he could to help me on the way to as high as I could get, so it's all good. I'll be very happy just to get my FAW badge, beyond that will be the cherry on top I think. :)

The system goes like this:

Cat 1:
International (FIFA List)

1A: Welsh Premier
1B: Welsh Premier Talent

Cat 2:

Welsh League Division 1 (and Northern equivalent, Cyrmu Alliance Leagues). A/R's for the Welsh Premier come from this grade.

Cat 3:

3A - Referees for Tier 3 (A/R for Tier 2) - Permitted to wear FAW Badge.

3B - Tier 4

Cat 4:

4A - Referees with 3+ years service, grassroots only. (Age 16+)

4B - Referees with 2+ years service, grassroots only. (Age 16+)

4C - First year referees (Min age: 16+)

4D - First year Under 16 referees.

4E - Non Actives.

---------
4C's are not permitted to act as A/Rs. You have to be 4C for 1 season minimum, and 4B for two seasons minimum, and I think you have to get promoted for both categories now, but I was permitted to skip those as I came back as 4A last season to see if I could cope with the demands having been out for so long.

Unnecessarily grandiose system, even more so if 3b correlates to level 5.

Average mark: 8.2

Promotion to 3B.

That would be my old grade before I took ill and had to have a temporary break from refereeing. Been a five/six year journey to get fit enough to get back into refereeing - I was told by some that I had more or less no chance of ever refereeing again, so it just goes to show...

Anyway, going to apply for promotion again next season, I really want to achieve my FAW badge and you have to be 3A to get that I think. So, hopefully I improve enough to do so. :)

Hope everyone else has been successful in their pursuits for promotion. I saw the England promotion threads, but there must be others outside of England that have been promoted as well? :)

Llongyfarchiadau! What society are you a member of?

Had a few business trips down there over the years, Narbeth, Camarthan, Crymych, Mumbles, not my favourite run, that’s West Scotland but the people are quite welcoming!

Back