A&H

Lack of Oxygen

The Referee Store
Its very poor that the home side did not have any oxygen (if that's true) - just ignoring comp rules.

For me it just makes a mockery of the new improved fully professional women's super league.

It takes more than marketing campaign to 'improve' a league.

I'm also quite surprised that one of the top teams - Arsenal - have been unable to name their full compliment of subs for weeks now.

Waiting half an hour for an ambulance with the player unable to be moved off the pitch is probably enough to call the game off before oxygen is even taken into account

Shouldn't an ambulance have been on site in any case? (See my post above!)

SUFC ladies played in Manchester the other week with 5-6 players were unable to attend the evening kick off due to work commitments!! Lost by 6 or 7 from memory!!

This was a Women's Championship game, not sure if all the teams are fully professional?

Not a requirement in the WSL or Championship

Point 1 - fair enough but reports said it WAS a league requirement, so why did Charlton ignore that?

Point 2 - If true that is just wrong. Its top level sport and most of that these days is covered by an ambulance.

Point 1 - fair enough but reports said it WAS a league requirement, so why did Charlton ignore that?

Point 2 - If true that is just wrong. Its top level sport and most of that these days is covered by an ambulance.

Agree with you on both points, although you'd have to ask Charlton themselves for an answer to point 1 :D

It does bring up a big picture of, if this is mandatory here, it should be at every game?
Clearly thats not practical but still

Really? You worried?

Explain. :)
Part of our role is look out for player safety. Criticising a player for needing oxygen which would likely have been administered by a trained a qualified paramedic seems like a contradiction of that

Part of our role is look out for player safety. Criticising a player for needing oxygen which would likely have been administered by a trained a qualified paramedic seems like a contradiction of that

I concede that my viewpoint may seem a tad cynical, but it was directed more at the report than the individual to be honest.

Player safety is always obviously a consideration for every referee, but like you say, it's the trained professional's call - not the referee's whether or not a player should receive oxygen. I know that it's considered standard practice for any traumatised or badly injured sportsman to receive it on-field these days but she had bruised ribs!

My sarcastic post above may smack of a middle-aged referee and soldier's take on life in general but trust me mate, there's no need for you or anyone else to "worry". ;) :D

I know it's not the same, but it happens everywhere. I always report clubs that breach the first aide requirement - though I only find out about this when I summon them on and they go round looking for a first aid kit only to give up and get a water bottle instead... =/

But yeah, it's worrying that the top levels of the women's game would have issues like this, it shouldn't be happening.

It does bring up a big picture of, if this is mandatory here, it should be at every game?
Clearly thats not practical but still
I know it's not the same, but it happens everywhere. I always report clubs that breach the first aide requirement - though I only find out about this when I summon them on and they go round looking for a first aid kit only to give up and get a water bottle instead... =/

But yeah, it's worrying that the top levels of the women's game would have issues like this, it shouldn't be happening.
and they should have an ambulance there - that's the bit I don't get.

Ah yes, the trusty water bottle. A player once twisted his knee in the ground in one of my games which was later discovered to be ligament damage. I was incredibly surprised to hear that the person from the sideline who came on the pitch and squirted water over his knee was unable to prevent that!

Me? Not medically trained? You sure about that Paul?

Or are you just being presumptuous? ;)
My only presumption was to presume a medically trained person wouldn't state what treatment a patient would need based on a written report.

Back