A&H

Last Week's Ref

J-K

Level 5 Referee
Or maybe it was last night.

Pretty sure the ref wouldn't have carded the big number 16 for dissent after the melee/handbags/mass confrontation if I hadn't told him too.

As ref doles out a couple of cautions player vary loudly calling, that's a **** decision, you've lost the game, you making **** decisions.

Now, I'm definitely giving a yellow for that, a nice loud one to show I'm having none of that. Not sure LNR would have.

I also would have whipped a second straight out after the cautioned player goes with the slow sarcastic clapping. Want to act like a ****, here's what happens sunshine.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Or maybe it was last night.

Pretty sure the ref wouldn't have carded the big number 16 for dissent after the melee/handbags/mass confrontation if I had told him too.

As ref doles out a couple of cautions player vary loudly calling, that's a **** decision, you've lost the game, you making **** decisions.

Now, I'm definitely giving a yellow for that, a nice loud one to show I'm having none of that. Not sure LNR would have.

I also would have whipped a second straight out after the cautioned player goes with the slow sarcastic clapping. Want to act like a ****, here's what happens sunshine.
more importantly, how were the new boots? :)

Too small, Amazon had a dogy link so the size 12 link to size 11.5, they're going back and the size 12s are on their way

are your other boots 12?

ive always been an 11 (well for my adult life) and the Nikes fitted the same as the others in length ... so hopefully youll be the same

Swearing at me = red.

And last weeks ref ....... Apparently am the ONLY referee in the Womens Football League that does not allow earrings / studs etc to be taped up. Poor old Tottenham only had 9 players as 4 "could not remove" jewellery. Their coach is apparently reporting me for false application of the rules........:rolleyes::confused:

Swearing at me = red.

And last weeks ref ....... Apparently am the ONLY referee in the Womens Football League that does not allow earrings / studs etc to be taped up. Poor old Tottenham only had 9 players as 4 "could not remove" jewellery. Their coach is apparently reporting me for false application of the rules........:rolleyes::confused:
You'll be on a charge and in front of the County beak in no time. Terrible. How dare you insist that players remove their jewellery. Next thing you know you'll be checking boots before kick off as well! :p

Swearing at me = red.

What exactly is false application of law? "Making it up as you go along"? "Trying to make the game about you"?

:D

I bet they cannot wait to have you again mate! As a colleague once told me on me returning to referee a team that paid for very poor discipline, they will know better for next time :)

Do female players make the same joke I hear every week from adult male players about the piercing in their privates? Every week one smart arse says it, every week I reply "as long as I never get to see it". How we laugh.

Swearing at me = red.

Well I've done plenty of Ladies games this season and all the referees I've been out with have insisted that ALL jewellery is removed.

Surprised its Tottenham - they have a well organised ladies section. I refereed their "3rds" in an FA Cup match a few years ago and they were very professional.

Even 'for ****s sake ref' straight after a decision?

For me, that is where there is conflict. I'd love to say that is a red but is it too harsh? I don't know. Maybe (probably wrongly) how the player has acted during the game would affect my decision. If I was to give a red every time, it wouldn't be unusual for there to be 2/3 reds a game. I think that is the one occasion where I would give a yellow and a strong warning, 'anymore and you're off'

Even 'for ****s sake ref' straight after a decision?
This all depends on how it is said, quietly and in frustration as they run back into position then it's a quiet word as I run along side them. Loud with flailing arms it's a caution every time.

Cannot see it being a straight red though.

Do female players make the same joke I hear every week from adult male players about the piercing in their privates? Every week one smart arse says it, every week I reply "as long as I never get to see it". How we laugh.
I normally go with "Don't know why you wanted me to know about that mate", but yes, it's a shame that every referee will quickly develop a stock response to this.

Back