A&H

Let's play believe it or not!

SM

The avuncular one
nice and easy, believe it or not!!

- in the fourth tier of welsh football, there are no assistant referees on Saturdays (when the vast majority of games are played). The fourth tier. Lone referee, CARs stand on the half way line like ornaments.

Fourth tier.

The Referee Store
False. You use sheep with flags made from carrots as sticks to keep them interested. This works better than a normal Welshman with an actual flag. They are now trialling this in the top flight of Welsh football.

Did I win :D

Wasn't a surprise to me, when a county can only muster refs for the top three leagues you're always going to struggle.

How many clubs in the fourth tier of Welsh footie could afford three match officials week in week out.

nice and easy, believe it or not!!

- in the fourth tier of welsh football, there are no assistant referees on Saturdays (when the vast majority of games are played). The fourth tier. Lone referee, CARs stand on the half way line like ornaments.

Fourth tier.
There are FOUR levels of football in Wales!!!!!

Swansea,
Cardiff,
Wrexham,
What is the fourth?

Well seeing as Newport County are in League Two there is a high following there. But Wales at his highest standard is only at semi pro level and there are only roughly four tiers through-out the county. Despite the Country being smaller than England a lack of money means outside the top league it's split amongst regions.

In the Semi pro football leagues "Juniors" as they are known in Scotland, only the premier league get assistant referees, in the regional leagues its a ref on his own with a club official. I ran the line a few times last season at this level and although its a decent standard of football you get paid more refereeing youth football and get less grief

My mate's cousin played for Welsh prem side bangor after being released from Tranmere, League 2 reject to welsh prem..

I used to watch a lot of Haverfordwest County games as a kid, as I have family down that way. My dad tells me that back in the day the Welsh Prem and Conference were roughly similar standard, but as the Conference has moved on the Welsh Prem has stagnated. No money in football down that way.

TNS would do OK in the Conference but only due to the money they have, although if they were in the Conference they wouldn't get Champions League money every year. The rest of the league is probably anything from top half Conference North/South to top Northern/Southern Prem

I started refereeing this year and I'm doing a 5th tier game by myself for the first time this Saturday, I had assistants last time as the game was on Friday night. I would prefer to referee this level of game rather than, say, Sunday league. Nothing against it but I've hear some horror stories come from Sunday mornings. I think being pushed at this early stage of my career can only be of help?

Back