A&H

Level 4 fitness test

Mr ES add me on Facebook and I'll tag you in the posts. I've seen them, just got work and learning to drive so struggling to make them.

Been training on my own though

done!

are you doing the test at donny next Sunday?

The Referee Store
Booked mine in for Sunday 12th June. I'm currently in Houston, so went for a training run yesterday evening in the sort of temperature and humidity that I will never experience in UK, so perhaps not a great way to train but nonetheless getting some more miles in the legs.

Booked mine in for Sunday 12th June. I'm currently in Houston, so went for a training run yesterday evening in the sort of temperature and humidity that I will never experience in UK, so perhaps not a great way to train but nonetheless getting some more miles in the legs.

That's actually a very good way of mixing up your training: It's harder to train in such conditions, so you'll find it easier back in the UK.

I was on holiday in the Med somewhere prior to my L4 nomination test, flying in the same morning. I'd been running regularly when abroad and as a result, found the test easier than usual as a result.

Just done my final session today completed the test 4 times in the last two weeks, Very happy how this evening went it was very humid in Battersea Park. Ran 2720 meters in 12 mins.

Ready to go now.:)

Get in!
Did it tonight in the baking heat round the new track at York uni. Delighted

First time I've ever done the distance and time in the run up to a test and this'll be my 4th!

Reactions: SM
Great to see these positive results so far - well done! You will nail it at the weekend.

I dragged myself down to the local track yesterday lunchtime... hot is not the word !!!! Managed 2900m although started off _way_ too fast which I regretted within the first 30 seconds ;-) I'm therefore confident for the weekend but will try and start at an 'easier' pace to save something for the end.

Reactions: es1
Get in!
Did it tonight in the baking heat round the new track at York uni. Delighted

First time I've ever done the distance and time in the run up to a test and this'll be my 4th!
Looks like weather will nice for you on Sunday, unlike for golf for me ⛅
Good luck

Off to a bbq tonight for the England game. No booze and taking a chicken pasta pack up!

The things we do eh!?

Roll on 10am tomorrow morning and my annual pilgrimage to greggs

News in of a couple of fails from a localish test, both for 50+ YO referees. One was 10m short and will go again in 4 weeks. The other retired from refereeing on the spot.

Done mine today, nice and straightforward. A few guys were 10 to 20m short and will have to go again, but the other 40 or so who were there all passed.

I wasted a load of effort doing 2900m, still struggle getting the pace right, but all done for the year anyway.

Back