A&H

Line Assessment

Ref1995

Hi Guys,

Just interested to see how the assessors and those that know about this sort of thing among you could have a read of this and see what mark you think it reads like I will let you know what it is when I get a few responses just as I am considering appealing it.

cheers in advance

Attachments

• refchat .doc
    46 KB · Views: 110
The Referee Store
Don't really know what the mark would be but learn from it.

Always follow the ball back to the goalkeeper.

Don't appeal it, it goes no where it is just an advisory assessment, if you appeal nothing will happen and you will just look a bit silly.

Don't really know what the mark would be but learn from it.

Always follow the ball back to the goalkeeper.

Don't appeal it, it goes no where it is just an advisory assessment, if you appeal nothing will happen and you will just look a bit silly.
thanks for the advise. was advised to by the referee

With words like 'slovenly' and 'wrong decision' I'm guessing it will be in mid 60s? Agree with advice above, don't bother appealing it, nothing will happen, it merely advisory assessment. I will say I think they are supposed to be more constructive and the choice of language is poor for me - points might be valid but there is a better way to put points over.

Slovenly approach to the possessive apostrophe and hyphens. Wrong decision not to proofread. That's my take on it. ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kes
On what grounds would you appeal? The way it reads, apart from one offside decision you got wrong and a failure to follow the ball through to the goal line one time it reads well.

Hi Guys,

Just interested to see how the assessors and those that know about this sort of thing among you could have a read of this and see what mark you think it reads like I will let you know what it is when I get a few responses just as I am considering appealing it.

cheers in advance
As others have said, there is no procedure for appealing the assessment. The report cannot be altered and the marks are not used by the FA in any way.

However it reads like an above 70, with 7 for offside and 7.5 for the other sections.

Hi Guys,

cheers in advance
Also, be wary about appealing assessments. This is not that assessors are infallible but there are specific rules about when you can appeal, and not liking the mark is not one of them

The assessment has to join incorrect in law, or the words and mark don't agree. These are few and far between the higher you go.

Well over half appeals fail, at L4 the change rate is about 1 in 10 appeals.

As i said was just going on the ref was saying I thought they were advisory but then he said that to appeal

68 which me the referee and other assistant all thought was low but now i think about it reading it a few times it does read that way

Hi Guys,

cheers in advance

I always advise my assistants to give yourself a couple of seconds and wait and see. It's a good trait to start following the ball all the way down to the goal line just in case tee keeper lets the ball get away from him. Learn and move onto the next game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

cheers in advance
The most important bit seems that you're unhappy with the comments. What do you disagree with?

Back