A&H

Liv Villa - Mings VAR

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Foot in the chest. He plays the ball but then follows through with atuds to Gakpo’s chest. Ref gives YC. VAR nothing.

For me. Crazy. Must be red.

The Referee Store
Checking VAR for an offside as well. Never seen that before. But guess the Aston Villa player wasnt deemed to have deliberately played the ball to VVD. But agree Mings very lucky to be on the pitch

Checking VAR for an offside as well. Never seen that before. But guess the Aston Villa player wasnt deemed to have deliberately played the ball to VVD. But agree Mings very lucky to be on the pitch
The offside call was correct. Very unusual. Ball played backwards by attacker but defender attempts to flick the ball. I agree not a deliberate play. The flick takes the ball to an attacker who was PIOP for original (backwards) pass. Subjective “deliberate play” question so good use of VAR and the monitor.

Might be the fact he brings his foot down, and tries to almost pull out from the initial position that means it doesn't meet the C&O threshold.

I'd be going red from those replays

I'm convinced that's a deliberate play on the disallowed goal, there's a clear deliberate movement to play the ball and think that would be enough to at least not convince VAR.

I'm convinced that's a deliberate play on the disallowed goal, there's a clear deliberate movement to play the ball and think that would be enough to at least not convince VAR.
I respectfully disagree! Thought VAR got this right.

Updates to Law 11 say...
‘Deliberate play’ is when a player has control of the ball with the possibility of:
  • passing the ball to a team-mate; or
  • gaining possession of the ball; or
  • clearing the ball (e.g. by kicking or heading it).
He never has control of the ball so how can he deliberately play it? He's just trying to get any touch he can on the ball, IMO. The VAR shows it in slow-motion, which makes you think the kick might be a controlled clearance but it's not in real-time IMO.

Agreed Mings was lucky to only see yellow...

I'm watching this again and have a follow up question...

Does it matter that Diaz's header was actually backwards? 🤔

Here’s some guidance that the PGMOL released. I’ll let you make up your own minds on the incident….. 😗
IMG_1555.jpegIMG_1556.jpeg

This is once again evidence in my mind the newer SG1 referees are not convincing enough making brave decisions when it comes to SFP. Let's just go for the safe yellow and if VAR intervenes then so be it. Mind you it's also probably because of the let's keep it 11 against 11 at all costs.

Am I not seeing something for the Villa PK? I thought Konate had played enough of the ball, the angle provided on the highlights didn’t make it look like there was much of a shove either…

Am I not seeing something for the Villa PK? I thought Konate had played enough of the ball, the angle provided on the highlights didn’t make it look like there was much of a shove either…
Out of all of the potentially controversial decisions in the game, the Villa pen was the most straightforward. Easy penalty.

Back