A&H

Liverpool v Leics

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Interesting offside AR1, Leics player offside 10 yards in Liverpool half but got the ball 10 yards inside own half....restart should have been from there...not from where AR flagged. I dont have sound on so I dont know if anyone mentioned it. Or, noticed !!
To this day I have not been involved in a game since this restart law was changed.

PS perfect pitch for another Slippy G moment..please someone stop them!!

The Referee Store
Never got mentioned.

Happens a lot now.

Everton v West Ham earlier in season similar situation and free kick given for offside but was taken inside the Everton half.

Harry McGuire should have been off for me, if he doesn't trip Mane then he easily gets to the ball first and is 30 yards out with only the keeper to beat. And guess who goes on to score the equalizer!

Don’t we judge DOGSO at the time of the foul? When the foul was committed we didn’t know Evans was going to miss it.

Harry McGuire should have been off for me, if he doesn't trip Mane then he easily gets to the ball first and is 30 yards out with only the keeper to beat. And guess who goes on to score the equalizer!

I think a yellow is fair there.

Mane not even got control of the ball, a long distance from goal as well.

I think a yellow is fair there.

Mane not even got control of the ball, a long distance from goal as well.
Mane's pace vs McGuire who's starting flat-footed from behind him and Evans who's just missed the ball, is off balance and is roughly 106 years old? No doubt at all that he's getting there first for me.

Think that penalty should have been given too, although will admit I'm less certain about that decision. Whoever the ex-referee is on BT is a waste of space though, including "well he's miskicked it anyway" as part of his justification for not giving the penalty!

stinking offside. not even close. That AR was dodgy on a flag at a first half advantage too..... although it was a ridiculous advantage, on that park, which broke down in seconds and resulted in a LPool yellow card for SPA!! Clear case of ball retention over actual advantage...

VAR says Keita pen all day long.

But after the most one sided 45mins 45 seconds I have ever seen, we only had ourselves to blame for going in at 1-1.

Mane's pace vs McGuire who's starting flat-footed from behind him and Evans who's just missed the ball, is off balance and is roughly 106 years old? No doubt at all that he's getting there first for me.

Think that penalty should have been given too, although will admit I'm less certain about that decision. Whoever the ex-referee is on BT is a waste of space though, including "well he's miskicked it anyway" as part of his justification for not giving the penalty!

No doubt he gets to the ball first.

When you take into consideration the boxes DOGSO has to tick im not sure it ticks enough.

And hopefully someone else can be total factual with this, but, 5 mins of additional time was held up, Leic player got booked for delaying restart of play, with 5 secs to go, yet game still finished on the 5? So, were was the allowance for the delayed restart? If Leic player delays the restart, you still have from his time from his offence to add on?!!
Tiny molecular matter I know, but not factually correct to blow for full time when he did.

Distance. A long way. Direction. Not moving directly towards goal. Defenders. This is the only one it really ticks, but even that is debatable. Yes, Mane is much faster than Maguire, but Mane has to run out to the corner of the penalty area to get the ball, Maguire can run in a straight line back towards his own goal and that makes a massive difference. It is nowhere near obvious enough for me to be a red.

And hopefully someone else can be total factual with this, but, 5 mins of additional time was held up, Leic player got booked for delaying restart of play, with 5 secs to go, yet game still finished on the 5? So, were was the allowance for the delayed restart? If Leic player delays the restart, you still have from his time from his offence to add on?!!
Tiny molecular matter I know, but not factually correct to blow for full time when he did.

He chested it into the crowd which delayed it by at most 10 seconds.

Do you as a referee more so the PL refs as the players are known have to consider who the player is in this situation ?

Would the decision be different if it was say Firmino (if he had shown red) and would it be different if say a faster player than Maguire is chasing ?

He chested it into the crowd which delayed it by at most 10 seconds.

So we add on those 10....to componsate for the delay !!!! wont have made a diff but, factually you kind of should

slow sub going off, say 30 secs, even if you caution, you still have to play those 30 secs wasted, 10 secs is no diff, its time that was lost and should be played. Esp if you are carding to say, mate, your delaying this !! The card and the non adding on of the time lost common sense wise go hand in hand! Cant say, oh, your delaying the restart, but then not make allowance for it time wise!!!!

Last edited:
Back