A&H

Living in 2 places

NatCole

Hi guys,

In about a month I will be living in 2 different places in different counties. If I did a ref course and qualified could I ref in both counties as long as I told them in advance when I'd be in which one? If so would I just register with both FAs?

Thanks!

The Referee Store
Hi guys,

In about a month I will be living in 2 different places in different counties. If I did a ref course and qualified could I ref in both counties as long as I told them in advance when I'd be in which one? If so would I just register with both FAs?

Thanks!

I think the way it works is you have to choose/nominate one county as your parent county - that's whom you register with. You can then "affiliate" to other counties if you ask their permission. That's what I did anyway .... ;) :)

I think the way it works is you have to choose/nominate one county as your parent county - that's whom you register with. You can then "affiliate" to other counties if you ask their permission. That's what I did anyway .... ;):)
Cheers. Is it easy to swap between then because I'll constantly be swapping between the two?

Cheers. Is it easy to swap between then because I'll constantly be swapping between the two?

Not really relevant. Your parent County FA is the one you register with at the start of (or during) the season and can't be changed as such - not until the time comes for you to do your annual registration and pay your fee again.
Just choose a county you prefer and stick with that. So long as you list the other one as your secondary choice and contact that county's RDO so that they're aware and can send you updates, communications, appointment secretaries' details etc then the job's a good un. ;)

I qualified with Oxfordshire where I’m at uni but am also registered with Manchester at home. RDO was very helpful, said we could perhaps do the LOTG test in a different county if absolutely necessary - didn’t come down to it in the end but they appreciate people have different circumstances and are willing to help where possible

I qualified with Oxfordshire where I’m at uni but am also registered with Manchester at home. RDO was very helpful, said we could perhaps do the LOTG test in a different county if absolutely necessary - didn’t come down to it in the end but they appreciate people have different circumstances and are willing to help where possible
Yeah thats my problem uni. So if I sign up to both of them I can ref in both?

Yeah not a problem, as far as I’m aware as long as you’re qualified with A county (doesn’t need matter which), you could referee in any.

Your parents address will be your main address, so that will be your primary CFA. You then affiliate with the other CFA. As long as you keep your Ref Sec advised as to your availability there should be no problem.

L4 referees can do it at Supply League level, so it is easily managed.

Hi guys,

Thanks!
I basically live on the border between two counties so it was practical to get ‘affiliated’ with both. I told my parent county FA and they contacted the other FA and it was really simple to get me affiliated with the other county and within a day it was all sorted. Both FAs were really helpful and after a few emails and a phone call it was all sorted. Just let your parent FA know and they should put you in contact with the right people.

Are spray tans, weekly back sack & crack and whitened teeth still part in the standard refereeing equipment in Essex? Asking for a friend 😂

Warwickshire is, unfortunately, part of Birmingham County FA. What university are you going to?

Back