A&H

Meeting with Martin Atkinson

sh2002

Level 7 Referee
Hi guys got a meeting with Martin Atkinson next month and was wondering if anyone had any questions to ask him ?
Cheers

The Referee Store
OK...
- Development - does he remember any big leaps in his own development, what they were, what triggered them, or how he changed them?
- Players - any go to one-liners that have worked over the years?
- Team - most important/unique thing in the pre-match?
- Law - thought on how to improve the handball law?

;)

Slightly off topic... heard he’s a fellow Leeds fan, so how does he think we’ll do under Bielsa?

Slightly off topic... heard he’s a fellow Leeds fan, so how does he think we’ll do under Bielsa?
Honestly, dont do that. You'll never hear the end of it 😂😂
I'd be interested to know what laws he thinks are over complicated. Or difficult to apply at grassroots vs premier league. And what suggestions he would make to change them for the better.

what happeneed about the pen kes

Nothing spectacular in truth mate.
He was our guest and speaker at an Army FA seminar and dinner a couple of years back and I lent him my pen so's he could jot down something (can't remember what - cider was flowing by then) after which he promptly walked off with it! It was my unit pen complete with Regimental logo and a dapper little light on the end too. I'd forgotten all about it (as I'm sure he has lol) until I saw this thread.
He's probably using it to eat his chips and gravy in the dark even now.
Light-fingered Yorkshire barsteward!! :D

Ah home. I played in the Stockport Sunday League for many years. An absolute graveyard for referees! Some excellent footballers and teams for a Sunday League Amateur competition but what a nightmare to ref!!
Ye I played in the metro for some time and my teammates were awful now I’m reffing and they’re still awful haha

Back