A&H

'Mine! Mine!'

The Referee Store
You are saying dogso can only apply to offences which result in a direct fk or penalty.

If you have read the LOTG where I indicated (and it has already been mentioned in this very thread) and you haven't seen the mistake you have made, you may be beyond help :)

it's the last line of the bullet points

You are saying dogso can only apply to offences which result in a direct fk or penalty.
No, I haven't said that at all. I am well aware what p130 says and that DOGSO applies to IDFK offences. If you had read my post you would have seen that I actually gave an example from the LOTG where a player should be sent off for an offence where an IDFK is awarded.

What I said that I believed that an IDFK is not awarded for distracting. The yellow card is awarded for distracting and the IDFK is the restart specified - however on reflection I think that p37 contradicts this...;)

Back to OP,

LOTG Page 123:

"There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for
unsporting behaviour, e.g. if a player:

verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart"

If he says 'Mine' or 'Leave' to distract an opponent to leave the ball thinking its his team-mate wanting it (eg, goal kick hoofed long, red player behind blue player shouts 'Mine' and so blue purposefully leaves it thinking its a fellow blue) then, IDFK yellow for C1, but if its between 2 players on the same team, i tend to play on as its not distracting an opponent.

Back