A&H
The Referee Store
The finger grip is fantastic when compared with an elastic strap around your wrist. A game changer!

The finger grip is fantastic when compared with an elastic strap around your wrist. A game changer!
Another option is clipping a pair of whistles together and holding in your hand. I thought it was a silly idea when I first heard it, but tried it once and never went back. All my whistles (I've tried a bunch and sometimes vary) are in pairs.

Another option is clipping a pair of whistles together and holding in your hand. I thought it was a silly idea when I first heard it, but tried it once and never went back. All my whistles (I've tried a bunch and sometimes vary) are in pairs.
That’s exactly what I do right now. I was just considering buying the Valkeen for the name it has and the better sounding tone to hopefully make me a better referee. I was always told to have two whistles at all times aswell

That’s exactly what I do right now. I was just considering buying the Valkeen for the name it has and the better sounding tone to hopefully make me a better referee. I was always told to have two whistles at all times aswell

The second I have clipped to the one I'm using isn't my spare, as if I drop one, I drop them both. (Which has never happened, but . . . ) I keep a second pair in a back shorts pocket. (Yes, I have too many whistles . . . just not a Valkeen.)

I absolutely love the Valkeen. When I lost mine I bought two more so I wouldn't have to do without it if I lost another one.

I have now ordered one of the knock-off versions listed above since they're so cheap, I'll let you know how that goes.

I do this but have the whole arrangement also on a wrist lanyard (fabric with a sliding fastener rather than elastic). Most of the time during the game it's a whistle in my palm and a whistle in my fingers ready to use. If my grip slips or I want to stop and make notes in a book, I can just let them drop and they'll hang on the lanyard until we restart.

Has anyone used both the genuine and the knock off Valkeen? Interested to know both noticable and subtle differences.

I have just purchased the above knock off from Amazon and i cant work out how the finger grip attaches to it.

Any advice appreciated

Check the images here https://www.amazon.com.au/Molten-Valkeen-Whistle-Flip-Black/dp/B002U1514M

You need to use the ring to attach the two together.
61fP7V5AjhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have just purchased the above knock off from Amazon and i cant work out how the finger grip attaches to it.

Any advice appreciated
You need to feed the ring through the small gap at the top of the grip. It did take me a while to do. Persevere

1. The ring has two layers. Insert a sharp tipped knife in between the layers near the end of one loop and twist slightly to open a gap between the two layers.

2. Insert a matchstick or a toothpick in the gap between the two layers about 5mm away from the end of the loop

3. Insert the now sperated ring loop end into the slot of the flipgrip and push until it reaches the matchstick.

4. Remove the matchstick

5. Force rotate the ring around into the flipgrip slot untill it is all the way around and both the layers of the ring are entirely inside the slot.

You are done. Alternatively do what I usually do, use your finger nails and struggle with it for half an hour.

Back