A&H

My first personal hearing...

p4yno

Level 5 Referee
I have my first personal hearing coming up in relation to a game where I was an assistant referee. The referee and other assistant are also attending. I cannot say anything about the incident(s) for obvious reasons but has anyone attended one, what should I expect?

Obviously wear a suit with my county tie to look presentable, refresh myself in relation to my misconduct report(s) I filed and make sure I provide the relevant county FA with my expenses when I get there. Is is say what happened as per my report, answer any questions and goodbye? Loving the fact it is on a Friday night :(

Many, many years ago I attended a personal hearing for myself where I was charged with violent conduct which I appealed... got it downgraded to a caution, so assuming its the same?

The Referee Store
Dress smart, stick to your submitted report, don't feel the urge to over embellish. The official who starts providing further information at the hearing, is the referee who will come a cropper! :)

Give your evidence, go home, don't worry about it any further.

I have one very shortly myself.

Got the dreaded letter today for one. My first too, OA game but this one I was on my own, no assistants. Not liking the fact that CFA HQ is almost a 100 mile round trip either!

Got the dreaded letter today for one. My first too, OA game but this one I was on my own, no assistants. Not liking the fact that CFA HQ is almost a 100 mile round trip either!
It's ok you can claim expenses for the trip to and from the hearing :)

As hullref said - match fee + travel expenses.

Make sure to ask a senior colleague to go with you. Dress smart, stick to your statement, do what you have to do, go home.

1-Dress smartly
2-take someone senior with you
3- give an accurate account of the facts what happened
4-and when you come out to go home forget all about it and move on to ur next match.

I was an assistant, so I am with going with the referee who is a Level 5 as well as the other assistant referee.

Reactions: SM
Helps for support - going alone can be a daunting prospect. Especially as you may bump into the team/player you are about to provide evidence against when entering the building etc. :)

Helps for support - going alone can be a daunting prospect. Especially as you may bump into the team/player you are about to provide evidence against when entering the building etc. :)

Oh, I'd already prepared myself for that... I mean, I thought the whole process would be sitting around a conference table with the discipinary officer, probably another FA rep, myself and the accused... no? Care to shed some further light mr monkey?

No
Oh, I'd already prepared myself for that... I mean, I thought the whole process would be sitting around a conference table with the discipinary officer, probably another FA rep, myself and the accused... no? Care to shed some further light mr monkey?
it's more like a criminal court where you will go into the room in front of th panel and give your evidence, you then leave the room and most often leave or go into your own "holding room" then the accused goes in and give his/her/their evidence and then the committee make their decision.

Not quite from my experience.

There is a disciplinary panel in the front of the room and the referee will be taken into the room sat in front of them on one side, the team/player accused of misconduct sat in front of them but on the other side (pretty much like a court)

You deliver your statement, the team/player get the opportunity to ask you questions, then the panel get to ask questions. Then you may invite witnesses to give a statement who will be brought in, deliver their statement, questions are asked by te player/team or panel, then out they go. You stay in the room.

Then the team/player delivers a statement, you get to ask questions, panel asks questions. Then the same process with their witnesses. They come in, statement, questions, out they go.

Then everyone leaves and the panel deliberate and make a decision.

Sounds worse than it is.

How long do these things tend to last Monkey?

Obviously I understand it depend on offence, circumstances etc.

Have you had to attend many in the past @Supermonkey ?

Would be interesting to get @Brian Hamilton 's opinion on these affairs also?

Having been to more than I care to remember, they'll sit you down with the player, and/or his representative, the committee will read from your report, then ask if you have anything you wish to add. Ive always declined as my report has highlighted everything. Player then has a chance to ask anything, and that's it. You leave the room, job done

Its nothing to worry about, remember youre not the one that's on trial

Man alive, that sounds better than the versions I have been to (2) where you are there for the whole thing and feel like you are the prosecution!

You do get to have a rep with you, which helps.

Think I prefere the English version!

My hearing is not regarding a specific player, the charge is against a club for failing to control their players and causing an abandonment.... so I assume they would be represented by a secretary??

Back