A&H

Open Age My first red card...

My first competitive one was a second yellow. Had my yellow and red card for when I show the second yellow in my pocket. It was absolutely freezing, fingers were numb and couldn't seperate the damn cards!! Plenty of people watching to as it was a delayed game and the team due on next, one of the first team, were all watching and must've been a good number of spectators there too waiting and it was right infront of them all! That was the last time I put same cards in the same pocket.

The Referee Store
My first was an open aged game, a nothing tackle, warranted nothing more than a free-kick but player stayed down. As I was checking on his well being the offender rocks up and makes an offhand comment about time wasting in a jovial manner, everyone laughs it off, only in the first 10 minutes so he will have to seriously drag this out or something like that then has he walks away shouts out would be nice if you weren't a cheat though ref and make him hurry up!

Some people do the stupidest of things.

I had my first red at the start of the year (half way through my second full season) stupid offinabus after committing a careless foul near the edge of his own PA.

Had my first double yellow the next game. Reckless challenge immediately followed by dissent (refusing to give me his name and repeatedly walking away).

I had my first red at the start of the year (half way through my second full season) stupid offinabus after committing a careless foul near the edge of his own PA.

Had my first double yellow the next game. Reckless challenge immediately followed by dissent (refusing to give me his name and repeatedly walking away).

You go get them tiger!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard:

Do we all remember our first red card? Mine came in my very first game but it was for blatant hand ball on the goal line so an easy decision and no arguments.
See you and raise you! First OA game I managed not one but two RCs :eek:. One, like yours, for handball on the goal line and one for a second caution. Probably reffed over 400 games since then and never yet managed to repeat the feat :)

See you and raise you! First OA game I managed not one but two RCs :eek:. One, like yours, for handball on the goal line and one for a second caution. Probably reffed over 400 games since then and never yet managed to repeat the feat :)

what? no red cards since?? ;)

i issued 4 in one pre xmas game, and its a feat i'd rather not have to repeat, but fully prepared to do so.

good for you @Russell Jones though.... in my first OA game i know i should have sent someone but in my inexperience i let the moment go

Raise you five reds two VC, three Offinabus (four in one incident for the one team) 62mins played whistle blown, home for tea! Two spectators also reported they needed very very deep pockets and two of them are now serving two year bans from football and banishment from the league. Also, made absolute fools of themselves at the Association investigation. Job done :smoke:

First red i remember like it was yesterday and not actually 21 years ago. 3rd game id ever been in charge of, under 11's, yellow striker didnt like a tackle that went in on him, just about to blow for the foul and before i could, he punches the defender in the face. Call him in, take his name and issue the red, then come the gasps of astonishment that ive actually sent him off, manager comes steaming on to the pitch and proclaims that i shouldnt have sent him off as "hes only 10" and that "his dad will have to pay the fine and cant afford it" My response being, "kindly leave the field or i shall be abandoning this game" he leaves and the game finishes with no other issues. Comes up to me after the game and apologises and asks if ill be putting the report in, "Erm, yes i will!" and walk off

First red i remember like it was yesterday and not actually 21 years ago. 3rd game id ever been in charge of, under 11's, yellow striker didnt like a tackle that went in on him, just about to blow for the foul and before i could, he punches the defender in the face. Call him in, take his name and issue the red, then come the gasps of astonishment that ive actually sent him off, manager comes steaming on to the pitch and proclaims that i shouldnt have sent him off as "hes only 10" and that "his dad will have to pay the fine and cant afford it" My response being, "kindly leave the field or i shall be abandoning this game" he leaves and the game finishes with no other issues. Comes up to me after the game and apologises and asks if ill be putting the report in, "Erm, yes i will!" and walk off
Love it!

Figuratively or literally? You're not putting yourself in a good place if you're grabbing a player. Easy to get sucked in but you might get a reaction you weren't expecting.

On this occasion he saw me coming so I wasn't worried about an errant elbow or anything. But yes, certainly good advice for the future!

On this occasion he saw me coming so I wasn't worried about an errant elbow or anything. But yes, certainly good advice for the future!
Okay lesson learned but, that's only part of the reason not to grab a player, you're giving the player a reason to appeal the dismissal. If a club or player is clued up and can build a convincing case against you, things can turn sour unexpectedly.

Haha, depending on how the match has been going up to that point, there's a danger that him seeing you coming might actually make an "errant elbow" more likely!

Back