A&H

Nike 18 retail date?

To flip it. I once had a sock completely ripped whilst playing in a good standard amateur league. We had no spare blue ones (regular colour) but I had some red ones in the changing room from another team I played for. Ref wouldn't allow me to wear them. Again, common sense at amateur level surely.....

The Referee Store
At a gets game it's highly unlikely that they will have 10 bibs or a change of kit! Common sense surely dictates that you just stick a bib on and carry on. It would be ridiculous for a low lever vets game to be cancelled because of a trivial thing like sticking a bib on. Yes, league rules probably state that a ref should only wear black but if it's a genuine mistake at a really low level game then common sense should apply in my book. We are all there for a game of footy at the end of the day at that level of football

While I agree that common sense should be used in some situations (your sock is a good example) when it comes to wearing a bib teams have no chance.

If one teams kit is clashing with me (as the referee) and I am in a county that only allows referees to wear black then it’s tough luck for the team in question.

22 replies but no answer comrades!

(Where I am we wear colours, and often match socks... In lower divs there is a mix of Adidas and Patrick, higher up Patrick, Nike from this season, starts in a few weeks... Sometimes the ref might wear a different colour from the ARs in divs lower down... Lots of teams wear black...yellow most common shirt for us... Means that the 2018 Nike orange might be our most used next season... Which I am not thrilled about as I thought the 2016 Nike colours were much better. I confess I have 8 shirts sometimes in the bag if I know I am going to have older ARs who only have older Adidas gear... But the Adidas night navy and spare yellow were mistakes;)...)

When the current kit was released all orders for lev 4 and higher were fulfilled before it was generally available on general sale, I'd pre-ordered mine and it arrived 2nd week of August

This Is why I love refereeing younger age groups... they’re keen to learn and reasonably polite - I feel I’m educating them... especially when donning the jade or berry #itsallaboutme

Funny enough, this shirt issue has come up at our RA. And the area association have basically said; "no change of shirts for the referee".

So, one team in particular is going to have to change their kit next season (or probably now actually.) I think, they got away with it for so long this season as they're in the bottom tier where it's frequently NRA. Fun times! :)

actually depending on the county fa if you (the officials) have to wear black kits than usually black kits are banned intuit county well thats what it is in Hertfordshire not sure about anywhere else.

I got mine this morning. I really like it but they've got white ticks on the black socks again which will inevitably turn grey after the first wash.

I got mine this morning. I really like it but they've got white ticks on the black socks again which will inevitably turn grey after the first wash.

They aren't the official socks, the matching ones have dark ticks like the shirt and shorts

Got mine on the 20th - yes like it and yes ticks on socks are white (Sporting Touch)

I have the same socks as the 18 kit (white tick) & I believe my kit is 2015.

Hah, here's the same pic but with the white ticks:

michael-oliver-nike-outfits-2018-2019.jpg

Forget Oliver, that's just a photoshopped image, the real socks are on the right in their respective colours. Dark tick.

??? Sporting Touch have sent me 18 kit with white socks, which is also what they have on web site

Back