A&H

Obscure Law Questions

RefereeX

Level 3 Referee
If you could hit me with your best obscure law questions that could pop up in a LOTG test then I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

The Referee Store
A blue team defender, in their own box, in an attempt to play/challenge to the ball, denies a red team attacker an obvious goal scoring opportunity by playing in a dangerous manner.

Restart and Sanction?

Indirect Free kick and Red Card

A blue team defender takes a throw in, throwing the ball towards his own goalkeeper. The goalkeeper misjudges the path of the ball, and then handles to ball to prevent a nearby attacker scoring, denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

Restart and Sanction?

indirect free kick, no sanction

Whilst the ball is in play, red team manager enters the opposition technical area and strikes an opposition technical area occupant.

Sanction and restart?

red card and dropped ball

If also recommend Dutch referee blogs weekly quizzes that he does. You can access all the historical ones too. 👍

Last edited:
A blue team defender, in their own box, in an attempt to play/challenge to the ball, denies a red team attacker an obvious goal scoring opportunity by playing in a dangerous manner.

Restart and Sanction?

Indirect Free kick and Red Card

A blue team defender takes a throw in, throwing the ball towards his own goalkeeper. The goalkeeper misjudges the path of the ball, and then handles to ball to prevent a nearby attacker scoring, denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

Restart and Sanction?

indirect free kick, no sanction

Whilst the ball is in play, red team manager enters the opposition technical area and strikes an opposition technical area occupant.

Sanction and restart?

red card and dropped ball

Great questions thanks. Got the bottom 2 right, top one I went totally wrong, however it totally makes sense now thinking about it!

Back