A&H

Open Age Games

charlie hawker

Level 9 Referee
Hello,
When I turn 16 I will become a level 7 referee, I am looking to get up the ladder as quick as possible, so from September I have to get in 20 games a 3rd of which must be open age with February 28th being the deadline before I can apply for promotion. What I want to know is what age group is the last before open age, so you obviously have your u15, u16 age groups, is u21 open age or count as open age? Which is the last one before open age games? What age groups count as open age?
Cheers Charlie

The Referee Store
Totally depends on your county as it varies from place to place. As a generalisation , U21 or above mens matches should be eligible .. but don't believe me or anyone else on here, ask your RDO or assessor organiser.

Hello,
When I turn 16 I will become a level 7 referee, I am looking to get up the ladder as quick as possible, so from September I have to get in 20 games a 3rd of which must be open age with February 28th being the deadline before I can apply for promotion. What I want to know is what age group is the last before open age, so you obviously have your u15, u16 age groups, is u21 open age or count as open age? Which is the last one before open age games? What age groups count as open age?
Cheers Charlie
I would check about the "third being open age". Normally the restriction in on the non-qualifying matches. I would have expected you to do at least 10 matches in open age.

In North Riding, normally U16 and below don't count. No age group can qualify as open age, it has to be adult football. Your other matches to make the 20 would have to be U17, U18, U19 or U21. Given 15 weekends to 28 February and the potential weather issues, if you want to 20 matches every match will need to be eligible.

Also your assessments (of which you need three) have to be open age matches. Don't assume that just you have an open age match you will be assessed. You will need to accept the appointment and then the Assessor coordinator will try and find an assessor for your matches. Given the lack of Assessors this may not happen every time.

@charlie hawker - I would also check with your RDO as you may have to a complete season at level 7 before you are eligible for the promotion scheme. If so, March 17 - Feb 18 would be you full year so your promotion season would be Mar 18 - Feb 19.

In the Sheffield and Hallamshire CFA (where I'm currently doing my 7-6 promotion), the criteria is 20 open-age games in the middle. "Open age" is considered to be anything from u18 upwards. As others have suggested, get in touch with people at your local CFA, RA, etc. There will be enough people that can give you the answer you want, and any other advice as well

Back