A&H

Palace vs Man Utd

The Referee Store
Fixture 8pm tonight, PL have just released this statement - Jarred Gillett will be wearing a 'RefCam'. Interested to see the footage later in the year.
How do teams know when they are playing an end of season 'dead rubber' ?? ... I think we have found our answer!!

Hadn’t seen this so was so confused when I opened RefChat and saw a thread for this match.

Assumed we were just pre empting some poor VAR calls tonight 😂

On an actual note, Gillett is quite interesting to give it to, only because I swear he was the guy mic’d up in the A League that time

Interested to see the footage later in the year.
Can't see that happening, especially if it shows players abusing Gillett and it going unpunished...unless it's heavily edited and muted as I doubt the Premier League would want a repeat of the absolute cluster f that was Millwall Vs Arsenal in the '80s!

Ref mic'd up!

Can't see that happening
I understand why they'd be hesitant, but they have said they will release it (taken from statement):
fans will be able to view it later in the year as part of a programme being produced by Premier League Productions (PLP) aimed at offering further insight and education into the demands of officiating in the Premier League.

I'm not interested in the experiment in the slightest FWIW
I'm against anything that makes the R the potential 'star of the show'

I'm against anything that makes the R the potential 'star of the show'
I don't like when this happens either but that isn't their objective. They are trying to educate people on the physical and mental demands of officiating, not make PL refs celebrities.

I don't like when this happens either but that isn't their objective. They are trying to educate people on the physical and mental demands of officiating, not make PL refs celebrities.
Maybe you're right. Perhaps the motivation is OK, but it promotes the overall idea of bodycams which I'm fundamentally against. Behaviour could be improved (transformed over a generation), but the powers that be aren't motivated to tackle the issue head-on. Which is a shame, because improvement is achievable without these whims if the game wasn't so sh1t scared about the risk to viewing figures

We know he’s a great communicator from the Oz footage. I guess the question is if the rest of the group are broadcastable (for next season)?

Hilarious that a top flight ref faces the same player stupidity as we do: captain forgets his one job, striker hasn’t noticed who will kick off!

The in-game footage is really very good. The secret is out! It will be amazing for recruitment. A lot of people will realize (some more reasons) why we do it.

Last edited:
Back