A&H

Penalty or no penalty

Penalty or dive

• Total voters
The Referee Store
Not for me. Looking for the contact and went down the moment he felt it.

One of those that the ref probably got "you've either got to give the pen or book him for diving" from the attacking team.

Not for me. Looking for the contact and went down the moment he felt it.

One of those that the ref probably got "you've either got to give the pen or book him for diving" from the attacking team.
So would you have booked him?

Booking a player when you have clearly seen that there was some contact is asking for trouble IMO. Just class it as 'normal football contact' and get on with the game
For me this depends on the was the player goes down. Chest out, both hand up, both legs stuck behind him as if the are glued to the ground, like a swan dive, I'd still book him as it's an easy sell. In fact I have done it and most of his team mate were upset with him because it was so obviously a dive despite the contact. But the OP doesn't look like a candidate for a simulation candidate.

So would you have booked him?
Nope not in a million years.

My point was that players often see it as binary - either you have to give a penalty OR you have to book the player for diving
The reality is, that there is middle ground.

In this case, no penalty, no booking as whilst there is contact there is no offence.

Clearly gone looking for it, no chance am I obliging!
Normal football contact in my book.

Embarrassing. Matey built like a brick house, got huffed puffed and blown away. That's not how the story goes...

Back