A&H

photos

The Referee Store
I'd hazard a guess that it was only my girlfriend that was there to see me though

I think it's great to see referee's partners attending.

My wife comes to all my games, and gives me an ear bashing if it's torrential rain - which, is fair enough.

She does go the extra mile though, she even comes to training with me. :)

It's very rare that I see ref's with their families/partners at any level though. :(

I think it's great to see referee's partners attending.

My wife comes to all my games, and gives me an ear bashing if it's torrential rain - which, is fair enough.

She does go the extra mile though, she even comes to training with me. :)

It's very rare that I see ref's with their families/partners at any level though. :(
Mrs Pinner comes to most games, although lately she has used the pretty feeble covid excuse to cry off :p

My wife never comes to watch me ref (I think she enjoys the peace with me out of the house!)

She did, though, once come and watch me play, many, many years ago. We‘d not long met, and she rocked up to watch me play one Sunday morning. We used to play on the top of a windswept plateau, no-one ever came to watch our games.

It was still the first flushes of romance, most of my teammates hadn’t met her, or even knew of her existence. 10 minutes in, she (my wife to be) appears and wanders down the touch line. Cue frantic shouting from our left back, in his broad Scottish brogue: “Kenny, Kenny “ (Kenny was our keeper) “Get the valuables bag and put it in your net. I think she’s going to rob us.”

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this summer. She still reminds me of this slight on her good character, and has used it as a reason to never come and watch me play any sport ever again.

I got sent to the stands just once as a manager, just happened to be the only game my parents were ever at and I end up sat next to them :) .

Miss Sangria watched 90 seconds of a match this weekend that had an internet channel broadcast with a commentator. It was dull as dishwater. She was only piqued when the ball nearly hit me. She did once accompany me to the world cup of swamp football and we played in a mixed team. She was game, got very dirty and I scored - in the world cup! (A goal - not that!) But yeah, refereeing is the enemy here. My girls are like: "daddy no, don't leave us again!" No mercy!

Taken of me yesterday, not sure why the person taking the picture decided to circle me before sending it to me but it is what it is...

This match finished 13-1, after the losing team had gone 1-0 up in the second minute and I genuinely thought it could be a good close ish game!

Attachments

• IMG-20210905-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210905-WA0001.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 41
Taken of me yesterday, not sure why the person taking the picture decided to circle me before sending it to me but it is what it is...

This match finished 13-1, after the losing team had gone 1-0 up in the second minute and I genuinely thought it could be a good close ish game!

I thought I had big feet!! 😅

Another striker that wasn't offside? 🤔
To their credit, surprisingly little argument on this one. Mind you, on camera you can hear the bench shouting at both players to get back onside before the ball came in.

I only really included this as I'm literally a fuzzy blob with a bright yellow flag (in the picture, before anyone says it!)

Slightly better one of me. Taken last night in my County Senior Cup game. End to end and finished 5-4 with an 81st minute penalty being the winner.

If you look closely you might just notice that the pitch has a *slight* slope!

Attachments

• 039FDB79-4D23-460B-8193-DD06B197205E.jpeg
    039FDB79-4D23-460B-8193-DD06B197205E.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 35
Slightly better one of me. Taken last night in my County Senior Cup game. End to end and finished 5-4 with an 81st minute penalty being the winner.

If you look closely you might just notice that the pitch has a *slight* slope!
Law 4?

If you are indirectly referring to the Yellow 7's socks. It's a generally accepted practice in all of the leagues that I operate on that the white undersocks are fine so long as they are at around or below ankle bone level.

If you are indirectly referring to the Yellow 7's socks. It's a generally accepted practice in all of the leagues that I operate on that the white undersocks are fine so long as they are at around or below ankle bone level.
Blue tape also doesn't cause a problem so at our level that's sliding too.

Back