A&H

Player-managers

But the only issue that leaves us is can we sanction a player for an action listed under team official offenses?

No.

If he's a player, it's evidently drawing from the player/substitute offences list. I take from the reply that you can be one or the other, but not both, therefore it stands to reason that the disciplinary list is exclusive to one or the other as well.

The Referee Store
No.

If he's a player, it's evidently drawing from the player/substitute offences list. I take from the reply that you can be one or the other, but not both, therefore it stands to reason that the disciplinary list is exclusive to one or the other as well.
Not sure I like that as a conclusion. So if named as a sub, a P/M could "clearly/persistently not respecting the confines of their team’s technical area" (a YC offense for team officials) as often as they like, but we couldn't card for it unless we try to pretend it comes under dissent? And meanwhile, the other team's non-player-manager is susceptible to a caution for that?

@RobOda beat me to it.

Not sure I like that as a conclusion. So if named as a sub, a P/M could "clearly/persistently not respecting the confines of their team’s technical area" (a YC offense for team officials) as often as they like, but we couldn't card for it unless we try to pretend it comes under dissent? And meanwhile, the other team's non-player-manager is susceptible to a caution for that?

What do you do now if a sub (not listed as a manager) who "clearly/persistently not respecting the confines of their team’s technical area" ? You should do the same if a sub is listed as a manger. Simply if they are listed as player/sub, that's how you treat them and ignore if they also say they are the manager.

Back