A&H

Potential change to offside

That article seems to contain two completely different proposals. The first one is that, "a player [should] be deemed offside if his entire body overtakes the last defender," which as @bester says, was a suggestion Wenger first made about 5 years ago.

The second one is that, "if a small part of the attacker's body is 'offside', they will not be judged as offside."

Firstly, how is "a small part" defined? Seems incredibly woolly to me.

Secondly, which one of these two proposals is the IFAB going to consider? The entire body one, or the small part of the body one?

Also, what do they mean by saying (for the entire body proposal) that, "there would be no change to the law in that instance"?

Of course that would be a change to the law and a massive one, too.

This article is just a total mess on so many levels.

The Referee Store
I also note that the rate of change with the laws has been increasing exponentially since 2015 (@Peter Grove could confirm/deny;)) and that means, in addition to the disaster of VAR, an utter catastrophe is due;)
I couldn't really say for sure without doing a full count of the changes but it does seem to me that there is quite a high rate of change recently, although clustered mainly in the 2016 rewrite and subsequent years.

For instance, I have the following in my notes:

2016 - 96 Laws changes
2017 - 43 changes
2018 - 28 changes

I haven't totaled up the changes in the years since 2018 but I don't think there's been quite so many. At a quick glance I'd say about 10-20 changes per year which is perhaps not so high by historical standards

Back