A&H

Pre Season 2016/17

Darius

RefChat Addict
What games has everyone got pencilled in? This could put some delightful fixtures up here I reckon.

Yesterday I was AR for Bradford Park Avenue vs Newcastle United (Under 21s) which short of a miracle is going to be highlight of my pre season - 675 were there too.

Other than that I've already had 6 games, have got football for the next 8 nights and then another 6 games and a tournament before the end of July!

I'll definitely be match fit come season start!

The Referee Store
I've only just started putting my name forward for matches - I'm still a little concerned about the injury I finished the season with, so I'm planning to take pre season pretty easy. Aided by a holiday at the start of August taking a prime chunk of preseason time away, I've got the opposite problem to @Darius!

What games has everyone got pencilled in? This could put some delightful fixtures up here I reckon.

Yesterday I was AR for Bradford Park Avenue vs Newcastle United (Under 21s) which short of a miracle is going to be highlight of my pre season - 675 were there too.

Other than that I've already had 6 games, have got football for the next 8 nights and then another 6 games and a tournament before the end of July!

I'll definitely be match fit come season start!
I'd be seriously surprised if that's your season highlight at L4. FA Vase & Trophy middles, FA Cup games deep into qualifying rounds, PL & FL u21 & u18 games, FA youth cup as well as some sensational games in front of big crowds at Contrib level!

I've got Ashford Town (Middlesex) v Barnet FC on Saturday on the line. It should be a good game.
Ashford is my home town. Most people have never heard of it, so I normally say I am from Staines or Heathrow area! :)

Do they still play at Short Lane, Stanwell?

Stanwell Moor represent! Lived there for 2 years! Can't say I miss the place :p

Turned down a few friendly games already, have closed every weekend in August on MOAS (and some midweek dates), so I expect my first game will be a Tuesday night job 2nd week of August, before I start properly in September.

I am ready to go, fitness not an issue and have really worked on my strength and conditioning over the "break", just can't get into football yet . I did apply for a couple of midweek lines for some Contrib-level friendlies but didn't get anything, so while there is a slight concern about starting with a competitive fixture straight away, I will be ok.

Stanwell Moor represent! Lived there for 2 years! Can't say I miss the place :p
Bought a place In Stanwell Moor when I got married, lived there for 7 years before moving to Bournemouth 9 years ago. The Moor was seen as the place to live when I was at school. My mum and dad still live in Ashford (43 years and counting), whilst visiting them, done a drive by on the Moor a few times, oh dear it's nose dived big style :eek:

Our summer (July) break ends at the weekend. I have a nice U17 middle on Sunday and then 2-3 matches a week for August. Super chuffed that the fixture wizards have given me nearly all games at the highest available level for me. What I would really like are some review games - the season ends on October and it will fly by - and I am really hoping to get promoted again with the whistle and the flag - but it will only happen if I get assigned a reviewer a couple of times.

I must enjoy the punishment!

Over the past 3 years or so got to know the chairman of a club I have ref'd about 6 times. Decent guy, even thanked me after an u10s game for "having a word" with his son about kicking the ball away. Ref'd at his club's recent youth tournament and whilst I was there asked me if I can help out with games as and when I am available.

Got a message from him earlier this week with a list of pre-season games he is arranging. Pencilled myself down for 3, the 4th I had to decline as my son will be playing his first 11-a-side u14s game for his new team at the same time and supportive dad duties take priority. :)

Make or finally break completely season for me I think with the creaking knees and temperamental ankle seemingly taking longer and longer to recover from :(

Ashford is my home town. Most people have never heard of it, so I normally say I am from Staines or Heathrow area! :)

Do they still play at Short Lane, Stanwell?
Ah - more people local to Ashford.. I'm here and my kids play at Ashford Town. Just in the middle of my course :)

Back