A&H

QPR v Huddersfield

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
I know we have the double jeopardy which stops players from being sent off whilst being last man if he makes a genuine attempt but just been watching highlights on Quest of the EFL and thought Barbet didn't make a genuine attempt to win the ball. In fact, the replay looks like he gave him a nudge first before taking his feet.

Whats your opinions guys and girls?
6 mins in.

https://www.questod.co.uk/show/efl-on-quest/video/efl-on-quest-100819/EHD_276257C

The Referee Store
Where in law does it say about last man?

Where in law does it say it must be a "genuine" attempt (in playing the ball) ?

I know it's pedantic but as referees we should learn to use the same terminology as the law use. Makes it easier to give answer to players when for example when it is the last man but it is not DOGSO.

Video is blocked in my region btw.

Still blocked but I found it on a local site. It's a 50-50. The contact with hand or 'nudge' as you called it wasn't enough for me to even be a foul. It was contact with foot that brought him down. I'm going to sit on the fence on this one but if I have to make a decision i'd go yellow.

"genuine attempt" as mentioned isn't in the laws and it implies a higher standard than actually exists. If the foul was with the leg or feet and the ball was in the general vicinity, then the expectation is a yellow for DOGSO.

As a QPR fan I would add he looked offside whne ball played in the first place!

On about 35 mins Huddersfield player committed an 'Orange' foul. Ref took about a minute inc chat to AR before deciding yellow. Thought it WAS yellow at the ground so not arguing that, but would have affected his thinking on the penalty 'yellow'

Now many will be outraged at that line of thinking, but to pretend that logic doesn't happen is naïve IMHO.

Back