A&H

QPR v Sheff Weds Part One

The Referee Store
I was out last night so havent seen this. From those stills thst is a red all day of the week.

Very concerning that they cant get undergarments right at that level of the game when I could get killed for it at grassroots - who are even less likely to have access to the resources to fund undergarments matching home AND away.

Sky highlights don't show it and QPR club highlights you need to register - sorry!

QPR fans saying defender got ball first, didn't mean it etc etc - I explained none of that matters - pen and red card for me - glad it wasn't though obviously!

I can imagine how ref felt when he saw that player's face!

Just goes to show how things look in real-time as compared to freeze frames. I fancy I'd have missed this
Also, there's another player blocking Mr Brooks' view. Who'd be a ref?

Agree to an extent, and it did happen very quickly - also in referee's defence there wasn't one appeal until players saw the state of his face.

In fact it was the QPR player who told the Sheff Weds player to kick the ball out as they had possession.

Just think it has to be careless at best & given the state of his face 'Endangering safety of an opponent' is difficult to argue with!

Agree to an extent, and it did happen very quickly - also in referee's defence there wasn't one appeal until players saw the state of his face.

In fact it was the QPR player who told the Sheff Weds player to kick the ball out as they had possession.

Just think it has to be careless at best & given the state of his face 'Endangering safety of an opponent' is difficult to argue with!
The absence of players appealing obviously means everyone missed it and you can't justify a punishment based on the injury alone

Cough......Alf Harland v Roy Keane!!!
The Wigan player??? Retro punishment
Roy Keane should have been arrested
I'm merely referring to everyday incidents like this one. The ref in the OP couldn't pull out a card based solely on the injury incurred

Once you spot the foul, the blood sells the red card for you.
Assuming the foul was spotted, the blood (in this case) would be hard to ignore
But the DP was missed in this case, so the ref was the only one to see red!

Reactions: JH
Roy Keane should have been arrested
I'm merely referring to everyday incidents like this one. The ref in the OP couldn't pull out a card based solely on the injury incurred

Exact sequence was

1) 'Incident'
2) Ball goes to Sheff Weds player
3) Ref then blows whistle & stops play for injury

Ref can not then give pen/card can he?

Exact sequence was

1) 'Incident'
2) Ball goes to Sheff Weds player
3) Ref then blows whistle & stops play for injury

Ref can not then give pen/card can he?

No one's answered this, but IN LAW, given the above sequence of events, referee COULD still give a pen, before drop ball takes place to restart couldn't he?

Obviously, very few would, given that your match control would go out of the window, but it is possible isn't it?

No one's answered this, but IN LAW, given the above sequence of events, referee COULD still give a pen, before drop ball takes place to restart couldn't he?

Obviously, very few would, given that your match control would go out of the window, but it is possible isn't it?

He could in law yes, but it would have to be sold very well otherwise people would just think he had given it after seeing the injury (and they would be correct). I very much doubt any senior referee would do this though.

Yes it is not wrong in law. Not quiet sure what is the recommended action to take once you stop play clearly "for injury" and after seeing the injury 20 seconds later, you think/know that it was at least a foul. If you didn't see it then I'd say stay with the original decision. If you did see it but you were day dreaming at that moment and now the replay in your head tells you it was a foul, what do you do? How can you sell it?

Back