A&H

Quiz question

Now that's true creativity!

(I think the answer on resuming or starting over is ROC. I would think most likely it would either resume or restart at the beginning of the game. But that is definitely an out of the box idea!)

The Referee Store
If the goalkeeper has been replaced because he/she is unable to continue and has taken a kick,
And if that replacement had yet to take a kick,
As suggested earlier The replacement never has to take a kick in that round because of what is boded in the quote.

Oh, I'm not criticizing the question at all. Screwy trivia questions are good to make people think about the intricacies of the laws.

I think the provision in the Law is a solution in search of a problem.
All good. Might be a case of dammed if you do dammed if you don't but it gives me an idea for a new question though :)

Proper left field suggestion here as I really don’t know, but if a game is abandoned during KFTPM and replayed/restarted, does it carry on from before or begin again at kick 1?

In which case it’s feasible for a team to take 2 consecutive kicks - eg. take kick 3, abandon, coin tossed again and go first- it’s technically the same match.

I offer this as there have been occasions where the remainder of a game has been played following abandonment/suspension so I’ve applied that logic here.
Interesting suggestion for a change. I highlight change because under the current laws has to be changed for two consecutive kicks to apply for it as suspension of a game means the game has to re-commence from the moment it was suspended.

While the idea has merits it is more complex than a simple restarting from kick 1. What if it is suspended when one team has taken one more kick that the other (scored or missed). What if it is a short suspension (e.g. 10 minutes to wait for the lights to come back on). Do we really want to introduce all this to the the laws for something as SL has put would be a solution in search of a problem.

Last edited:
I think it's got something to do with the intricacies of what happens when a players gets sent off.

I'm not sure on the laws for this so might be totally wrong, but in a situation where KFTPM starts with a (10 x Team A) v (11 x Team B) situation, if team A goes first with the 10th player taking their kick and then getting immediately sent off, it will become 9 vs 11. So team of 11 will get to nominate a second player who doesn't need to take a kick and so the next kick will be going back to the start with the first kick from team A?

EDIT: I think I've made this more complicated than it needed to be, the above still applies even if you start 11 v 11?

Back