A&H

Ref forgets coin in WSL, gets players to play rock paper scissors.

The Referee Store
You could say stunted. There's also an argument to say destroyed, I'm struggling to see how this will work out well for the referee concerned.

Do you feel that his career aspirations will be stunted because he's appealed? Because that would be incredibly wrong

Is this another case of RefSupport stirring things up for no reason?

The say they exist to support referees, they don’t, they exist to tak shots at The FA.

Referees make much bigger errors in all games, why would this minor technical in digression halt a whole career. That smells of FA meddling!

And the (apparent) reason why his appeal was withdrawn, is interesting. It seems this may not have been a one-off aberration, as it was reported that "he had used the method several times before."

Yes, it appears refereeing colleagues stitched him up and reported to the press that he had done it before. Which pretty much made his appeal somewhat futile.

Yes, it appears refereeing colleagues stitched him up and reported to the press that he had done it before. Which pretty much made his appeal somewhat futile.
Did they toss for it as to who was reporting him?? Silly really, blown out of all proportion!!

Ah, the backstabbing world of office (refereeing) politics.

Yes, he dropped a bollock on this one, especially as it was on Tele, and while I think the punishment is a bit harsh, he does have to face the music.

But, I assume from the comments above that it may have not been widely known that he had done this before, i.e. the FA/League didn't know.

Either he posed a threat to someone, ahead of them in the ratings etc, or he's stepped on a few toes.

There are occasions when people need to be reported for things, but by an large nobody likes a grass

Sounds like he didn't even tell the sports lawyer representing him pro bono the truth though, as he posted on Facebook ...

It goes to show the importance of both lawyers and their clients being transparent with each other from the outset, and that you never know how dispute resolution matters are going to unfold.

The lawyer has now said that withdrawing the appeal is the right thing to do.

Stitched him up or revealed the truth that this was not the simple, one-off error that he was trying to pretend it was (while also lying to his lawyer about it)?

If he didn't even come clean with his lawyer that is different, especially as the lawyer was acting pro bono.

I wonder how much pressure RefSupport put on him to appeal.

Apparently he was offered a coin by both the 4th official and and one of the ARs on the day but refused and said he's doing it his way.

It will take McNamara a long time to shake this one off. His repeated aberration (quote @Peter Grove ) and disingenuous appeal will seriously dent any ambitions he might have in the game

Back