A&H

Respect Code? Yeah right...

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
Does anyone give a stuff anymore about the respect code? Apparently not... Did the same as that bundesliga ref where it stopped the game and took everyone inside for a dressing down....

Home team 2-0 at halftime, loads of unnecessary time wastage, 4 minutes added for that. Speak to captain, and without any misunderstanding, tell him that anymore wastage of time will go in book.
Second half starts, and away team scores 2-1, and the game starts to get scrappy, loads of late challenges, dissent and others... So with the cards coming out, I start to kill the game, which makes things worst.
70th minute had enough, stop game and watch, call both captains and both managers, public dressing down, one way conversation.
Restart away team equalize, and the game get same as before, scrappy. 89 minutes penalty for away team, yet another YC for a blatant handball, failed.
Restart I announce 4 minutes added time. 90+3,5 away team scores, home team wanting to get on with game, to which I comment how they were wasting time in first half... And a player calls me a fu**ing bias t**t, already on YC, straight red. Captain comes over calling me a fu**ing disgrace, red for him too. At this point I ask loudly, anyone else feels the right to swear a me, red card still in hand.

So last count 6 YC, 2 RD, and 6 misconduct all for home team and 1YC for away team.
So again Respect Code? Yeah right...

Days like these is where I ask myself.... Why do I bother... Haven't done anything different.

The Referee Store
@Phonesurgeon I don't know whether to laugh or cry - the stupidity of teams and players at times...

"anyone else feels the right to swear at me", red card still in hand

I'm sure there will be some who will say that's not the way to react, but sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do - a Dirty Harry moment.

@Phonesurgeon - one small error

Restart I announce 4 minutes added time. 90+3,5 away team scores, home team wanting to get on with game, to which I comment how they were wasting time in first half...

What happened in the first half has no effects on the added time in the second half.Both halves must be viewed as independent for time keeping.

That said, you tried to do the right thing and if players want to be idiots, then let them pay the CFA for the pleasure.

Why would you announce added time? Were you asked?

Also, no matter how tempting it can be to remind somebody they are/were being a bit of a prat (and believe me, I am unalloyed VERY tempted), it usually doesn't do match control any good.

Match control of last 30 second of a scrappy game were football has been optional?

Match control of last 30 second of a scrappy game were football has been optional?

Match control I.e. Increasing dissent and provoking a reaction like exactly what happened.

I'm not having a pop here - I'm more tempted than most to tell somebody who's caused their own problems or p!ssed me off to go f*ck themselves but it will only cause even more problems if you do.

Back