A&H

Rio 2016: New Zealand captain Abby Erceg handed 'harsh' red card

The Referee Store
crikey, with the benefit of close up slow mo, 15 has simulated...
however, in real time its difficult to see where any card has come from there, although i have to agree, yellow 7.... one of my pet hates that

Nothing wrong with grammar police. There should be more of us.

Has anyone read the book Eats shoots and leaves?

If people understand what you say then it's not bad grammar / spelling - language is not fixed - read David Crystal.

Fair enough, but spelling and punctuation was drummed into us at junior school. It's a hard habit to break.
I hope the referee who sent off the player in the video writes a good report because she's no good at DOGSO!

Even if you take the referee at face value there and assume they saw a foul, I'm stunned how that could be seen as DGSO when the ball had clearly been passed away for that amount of time. Is there any chance the referee thought she saw an elbow and gave the red card for VC?

If you notice she's talking into the mic / listening on earpiece quite a lot . You'd think one of her colleagues would be telling her to catch herself on. She'll (probably, FIFA) not need to worry about spending a second week there though.

PS my working day revolves around telling kids to spell / punctuate etc. properly so I'm just a hypocrite really with earlier post.

That is one of the worst decisions you will ever see. Even if you can somehow find a foul in there, and I'm struggling to see how, there is absolutely no concept of DOGSO.

If people understand what you say then it's not bad grammar / spelling - language is not fixed - read David Crystal.
If that's his argument then I don't need to - that's absolute ********!!

Are you guys seeing a video in the page above? Must be a geoblocking thing - tried accessing it through my VPN and still no success.

As I posted the link earlier, FIFA has already overturned the red card.

I think we can all agree that it was a bad decision. Anyone care to comment on what were the cause of the error and if you were the referee what would you do different to help make the correct decision?

If that's his argument then I don't need to - that's absolute ********!!

Are you guys seeing a video in the page above? Must be a geoblocking thing - tried accessing it through my VPN and still no success.
I see it and I am in Sydney. I can see it on laptop and mobile device browsers.

Apparently Specsavers want to copyright "should've"...

I think "should of" was originally textspeak but then some thought it was correct grammar - and worse, pronounce it, should ov.

Back