A&H

Second Watch Recommendations

Matthew

RefChat Addict
I use my Apple Watch as my primary watch when refereeing, with an Adidas sport watch as a backup. It's served me well for about ten years, but has just decided to hang up the whistle ( :p ).

Can ayone recommend a relatively cheap replacement? Doesn't need to be anything flashy, just a stopwatch with a decent sized face.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Coros Pace 2 is a great cheap/entry level sports watch.

Otherwise, you only need a £10 watch like a Casio for the spare tbh.

If you are looking for a large face, Argos have a £19.99 Lorus that has all the functionality you need and the biggest numbers I've seen on a cheap digital watch. Easy to read at a glance, even under dodgy floodlights

I have a Samsung Watch 46mm running Refsix (which is brilliant) and also a Leap TF7301 which you can get from Amazon for £15. I like it because you can set a countdown from 45 (or any number between 1 and 99), whilst the countdown timer is going, you can also click to start a stoppage timer which is also useful.

Official Page

Amazon Page

I have a Samsung Watch 46mm running Refsix (which is brilliant) and also a Leap TF7301 which you can get from Amazon for £15. I like it because you can set a countdown from 45 (or any number between 1 and 99), whilst the countdown timer is going, you can also click to start a stoppage timer which is also useful.

Official Page

Amazon Page
What happens when it gets down to 0? I'm always wary of a watch that beeps at full time, as there might be valid reasons you want to play a little longer and players hearing your watch go off might assume that's should be the end.

What happens when it gets down to 0? I'm always wary of a watch that beeps at full time, as there might be valid reasons you want to play a little longer and players hearing your watch go off might assume that's should be the end.
Of course, a vaild point. I have hit any of the buttons to cancel the 'beep' and if asked I'll tell them we're in added time. I have been telling players and coaches how long left when there is 5 to go.

Back