A&H

Sergio Ramos

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee

First on the team sheet (if not suspended) or a liability?

Nothing like 70s, 80s fouls, but is it modern day thuggery :mad: or mistimed :( or misunderstood :eek:

The Referee Store
Interesting compilation. Edit: you have to click on 'Watch on YouTube'
I don't watch much Champions League and very few games otherwise played by CL teams. The cheating has ruined the sport for me. I wasn't very aware of Ramos' disciplinary record. Arguably, he is cheating because most of these offences are an attempt to end an opponent's game, but they're usually committed in a cowardly manner, so as to get away with it. At least in the old days, the intent wouldn't be obvious and the perpetrator could assume that retaliation was likely

I wasn’t a shrinking violet as a player and I intentionally took out a very good player in a 5 a side works tournament. I made it look clumsy but I knew exactly what I was doing and the goals stopped from that point on. He was off work for 2 weeks I was told, I wasn’t even booked!

I also accidentally injured a keeper with a gash on his knee, his patella was dislodged and he had an open wound to white flesh below, that was a 50/50 and we both slid in with our studs, he missed me, I got him. No malice in it but not good after that as I was targeted too!

Vincent Jones was maybe a poor mans version of Ramos, poor footballer relying on the fear factor.

Thing is Ramos isnt a poor footballer. Probably one of the best defenders in world football despite being a walking card.
He's very much a vidic-esque in that he is happy to be a sacrificial lamb to prevent a goal / goal scoring opportunity.
The Salah incident aside, which imo was instigated by Salah, he was an absolute colossus in that CL final. The first 15 minutes Real were rocking and he was there tidying everything up. Think had he not been playing Liverpool might have been a couple of goals up early on.
You only have to look at his medal tally to see how good he is. He is one of the only mainstays in that Real side over quite a number years now.
If he is in my squad, hes in my first 11. Providing he isnt suspended.

Thing is Ramos isnt a poor footballer. Probably one of the best defenders in world football despite being a walking card.
He's very much a vidic-esque in that he is happy to be a sacrificial lamb to prevent a goal / goal scoring opportunity.
The Salah incident aside, which imo was instigated by Salah, he was an absolute colossus in that CL final. The first 15 minutes Real were rocking and he was there tidying everything up. Think had he not been playing Liverpool might have been a couple of goals up early on.
You only have to look at his medal tally to see how good he is. He is one of the only mainstays in that Real side over quite a number years now.
If he is in my squad, hes in my first 11. Providing he isnt suspended.
Fair points, he is a good / very good footballer and doesn’t need the dark arts side. His record is phenomenal but I’m not sure if trophy counts exactly equals world class player.

The clip does not include Ramos highly intelligent move of picking up two yellow cards on purpose in order to be suspended for the meaningless last group game of a Champ League group, wiping clear his tallied up slate for the forth coming group stages.
Genius?
Or cheat?

The clip does not include Ramos highly intelligent move of picking up two yellow cards on purpose in order to be suspended for the meaningless last group game of a Champ League group, wiping clear his tallied up slate for the forth coming group stages.
Genius?
Or cheat?
Didn’t some players get retrospectively banned for doing that a few years ago?? Hard to prove I guess but it’s definitely stands out sometimes as pre-determined.

It was Alonso and Ramos in that game, Jose was Madrid boss, I mind it cos it was the Scottish officials who were on the game.
Ramos picking up a second yellow for time wasting. Given the tackles he is capable of, no, it does not sit nicely

Back