A&H

Junior/Youth Straight Red. Opinions

The Referee Store
On my league, filming and photograhy are not allowed, check my leagues website if you search NYDAL on google

No it doesn't, it asks you to: 'respect no photography'. Well, I ask players and managers to respect me but lets see how that goes!!
Totally unenforceable in a public place should the photographer so wish!

I personally would have not watched the video. It seems a clever way of trying to influence your decisions. If you watch it for this one then if something else happens and they shout again you need to see this ref, I think it undermines your control of the game, but everything is a learning curve, And what do I know I have "little man syndrome" according to a very fat man on the sidelines of my semi-final yesterday.
I laughed openly at that comment and he was a lot quieter after that.

In fairness to Adam, I'm on the same league and it was something that was sent to us by email at the beginning of the season. I've also taken the following screen capture. Naturally it's inconsistent across leagues I'm sure!

ndyal.JPG

In fairness to Adam, I'm on the same league and it was something that was sent to us by email at the beginning of the season. I've also taken the following screen capture. Naturally it's inconsistent across leagues I'm sure!

View attachment 1144
Took a look at the page. Just as importantly, noted the fees the league dictate - I'll be forwarding this on to my refsec!

REFEREE FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
u11 & u12 £23
u13 & u14 £25
u15,u16 & u18 £28
On the photo subject, the league and therefore its clubs can ask people not to take images, but cannot insist if on public ground. It's not in the LotG either, so not something that referees should get involved in.

That video can put you in an awkward decision so I agree with what's been said several times before, just don't watch it. They can use it to appeal the red if they wish. Another point is you can't influence decisions based on recordings from the sideline as it's not to everyone's benefit and not exactly something you can refer to for later decisions, thus giving that team an advantage in a particular scenario.

Back