A&H

Team of 3/4 - Warm Up ...

You're an AR, going for awarm up and the ref goes out with his socks rolled down, do you...

• Ask the ref if he is pulling the socks up, and follow his decision ...

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Keep your socks up, sod the ref!

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Roll the socks down, looking like a team is important!

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • TELL the ref to pull his socks up

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
no lol, he says shirts tucked in usually - but we being given Nike warm up jackets that we have to wear

Reactions: DB
The Referee Store
its also the first impression the crowd get of the officials, and most of the players ...

we've been categorically told by the CFA Chairman that he expects socks to be pulled up, boots immaculate - and the shirts tucked in bit for the warm up isn't a problem as we have got to wear our Nike warm up jackets - but then for the game he expects shirts to be tucked in.

Your chairman and I would be falling out, I dress my way both for warm up and the match and that means shirt not tucked in, never have and won't be starting anytime soon...

My main shirt is simply too short - if I tuck it in, it'll untuck itself by the time we kick off. I'll tuck in my undershirt if I'm wearing it, but don't bother with the main kit any more.

Personally I think socks rolled down looks scruffy. So I always have my socks up on the warm up. However when in a team of three I'll do what the referee wants

That's interesting from a level 4 @Darius - considering your level puts you out with NAR's on a weekly basis ... lets flip it so you are the ref and one of your AR's goes out with socks' rolled down for the warm up ...

do you ask him then to kindly pull up his socks?

No. If an AR needs to sing the theme to Sesame Street to get his head in the right place then so be it. I genuinely couldn't care less about socks. It's what happens at kick off that matters not half hour before.!

Always socks up and shirt tucked in for me in the warmup. Whatever anyone else does is up to them as long as they are on it from the first whistle.

Depends what I have access too.

If no changing rooms, I warm up in my kit and if it is cold, a jacket. Shirt always tucked in, socks up and looking presentable on arrival.

If changing rooms (for example playing at an actual ground), then I have a change of top and jacket.

Some interesting responses - I'm not here to argue them, just heard some interesting answers at our society so thought I'd open it up to you guys too ... with playing a little devils advocate here and there ...

@Mintyref do you go out on a Saturday as an AR by any chance? or only Sunday league with CAR's?

and @Darius you carry that some thought process even into a County Final?

Especially in a County Cup Final.

No one remembers what the Assistant looked like in the warm up.....everyone remembers the Assistant who didn't do their job and missed something!

Back