A&H

Toon v Burnley

No, Newcastle in my life time and am sure 99% of the folk on here, has not ever been a big club
It is where it is, and rightly in the top league, but anything over mid table would be a success
I only know Newcastle for yo-yo between 2 leagues and 2 fa Cup finals in my lifetime? So its not like they are a fallen giant, i.e Forest or Villa. I put them in the same bracket as those 2, and doing better than those 2, so job done

And who sold Cole to Utd? Newcastle. Pre Ashley. So not everything that happens is his fault.

The Referee Store
And who sold Cole to Utd? Newcastle. Pre Ashley. So not everything that happens is his fault.

Only you mentioned that. Who said it was anything to do with Ashley? Not I.

Besides, Cole had to go in order to make way for Big Al shortly afterwards. ;)

I notice you can't respond to my point about what would've happened to Man Utd if they'd had Ashley as their chairman though eh?

Yet you sing Ashley's praises ... :rolleyes:

This is an awful term
It translates simply to, 'Who owns the club?'
Are Man City a 'big club'? Yes, solely because a tycoon flew in on a very fancy whirlybird

Yep.

Ciley obviously doesn't see Ashley as a tycoon .... he's only a billionaire who owns a club that have circa 50k every home game.

No, they must be a "small" club then. :p

Yep.

Ciley obviously doesn't see Ashley as a tycoon .... he's only a billionaire who owns a club that have circa 50k every home game.

No, they must be a "small" club then. :p

I played fives with a guy who went on to play for Newcastle.
So, small club
Glorified St Johstone, one team city.....although St J have won the national cup in my lifetime

I do admire Newcastle for one thing, and that's a basic in business, living within their means, and no banter intended, they deserve immense credit for that.
Could sign 5/6/7 so called Superstar players and like, Sunderland they drain you dry on the way down, and its a long way back up after that...

Heres a question..... A proper fan may know this, I bet Mike Ashley knows, he puts his money where @Kes put his chirp...... What FA Cup record do The Toon hold???

Is it true that Kangeroot is when @Kes gets stuck in the sh1tter??

Its a great question and worth opening to others to google away!!!

Ive not seen so many retro replica shirts come out cupboard since the 2017 Championship Play off final.... The moths had a rite day out!!

Thats sadly far, far from the case, you need to look a little harder!!!

True story, 96 Charity Shield the first train from Glasgow was off, so instead we had to dash to Edin to go down....meaning stopping at Newcastle en route 🙁
Zebra sanctuary does not even come close.
As for trying to understand them, before 12 cans, nevermind after...

We had a Geordie rep whose just retired form Ashington, now, i'm pretty good with accents, even Rab C Nesbitt Glaswegian, but i have to admit, in full Geordie twang I did get it but it was a difficult listen....The office would ring me to call him as they hadn't a Scooby what he was saying sometimes. God knows what customers away from Newcastle thought... If I ever gave him a call in Sunderland he would always change his socks to his ones with a NUFC logo on, he was 63 and hated them with a vengeance!!! Strange Toon!!!

Back