A&H

Toon Will Be Relegated Tonight......

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
The problem, for me, is very simple. They gave Schteve too much time....

In terms of Premiership survival this season mate, yep, you're absolutely right. Rafa probably has the tactical nous and experience to have won Toon those 2 or 3 more games they'd have needed to stay up - had he taken the helm after Christmas or even sooner.

The real problem at the club of course (and as everybody knows) is in the owner Ashley, who is happy to allow funding for mediocre (at best) players to be purchased, and sold on at a profit wherever possible. So long as the club annual turnover is netting him "Wonga" every season (which it always will with home gates of at least 35,000) every match he doesn't give a monkey's.

It's just that on this occasion, his mediocre squad has under performed and given less than mediocre performances - that's why they are relegated.

Therein lies the problem. Nothing will change until this poisonous git goes away. :cool:

In terms of Premiership survival this season mate, yep, you're absolutely right. Rafa probably has the tactical nous and experience to have won Toon those 2 or 3 more games they'd have needed to stay up - had he taken the helm after Christmas or even sooner.

The real problem at the club of course (and as everybody knows) is in the owner Ashley, who is happy to allow funding for mediocre (at best) players to be purchased, and sold on at a profit wherever possible. So long as the club annual turnover is netting him "Wonga" every season (which it always will with home gates of at least 35,000) every match he doesn't give a monkey's.

It's just that on this occasion, his mediocre squad has under performed and given less than mediocre performances - that's why they are relegated.

Therein lies the problem. Nothing will change until this poisonous git goes away. :cool:

This is why I'm forever thankful for our owners, there's too many (Ashley/Lerner etc) who don't care what happens on the pitch as long as they make a profit.

The whole fiasco with trying to rename SJP summed Ashley up for me. I have no doubt though, like the last time, you'll be straight back up to where you belong.

This is why I'm forever thankful for our owners, there's too many (Ashley/Lerner etc) who don't care what happens on the pitch as long as they make a profit.

The whole fiasco with trying to rename SJP summed Ashley up for me. I have no doubt though, like the last time, you'll be straight back up to where you belong.

Hope so mate. :)

We can only hope and pray that it's without Ashley when it happens..... :cool:

Who are "your team" then? :)

Chelsea but that's nothing to do with it. Used to enjoy watching Newcastle play circa 02-05 seasons (I believe) but for longer than I can remember they've been as dull as can be.

As you said, Ashley is to blame. Shame about going down but hopefully it will trigger the stripping and rebuilding needed to make you the team of old

Chelsea but that's nothing to do with it. Used to enjoy watching Newcastle play circa 02-05 seasons (I believe) but for longer than I can remember they've been as dull as can be.

As you said, Ashley is to blame. Shame about going down but hopefully it will trigger the stripping and rebuilding needed to make you the team of old

Things can't get much worse than they are for sure. Hope springs eternal though.

At least we might actually win some matches in The Championship....... :(

Reactions: SM
Hopefully someone gives Rafa directions to Hertfordshire so he can continue managing in the Premier League...pleeeeeease!

Going to go out on a limb here but ...

I think Ashley isn't the evil everyone thinks? he is an easy scapegoat. when it got released that he is a Yid fan too that didn't help! but he has poured money into the club, made you financially sound and let the managers buy who they feel they need which is how it should be? he has never said 'no' to any manager either.

look at your squad ... its embarrassing that you've gone down, how a team with that many talented players can get relegated astounds me. the thing they miss? a player with heart ... Newcastle sold all their 'passion' players, this is why Noble/Tomkins/Collins will never be forced out - they are our heart and we finally have owners AND a manager that know we require those personalities in the team. every team needs them - Cattermole at Sunderland, Terry at Chelsea, Carrick at Man U, Kane at Spurs ... When Colback went to Newcastle he went because 'Newcastle can get Champions League and Sunderland will eventually be a Championship team and wont come back from it' ... nice words lad! nice.

too many players think about their pockets rather than the team!

I'l echo and expand on Charlie's point above. When things go worong the modern trend is to blame the chairman or owner. But most of them do not deserve the vitriol.

At Villa, it's Lerner out. Martin O'Neill stropped off after being told to clear the dead (Marlon Hare) wood (;) ) before buying new players. Poor managerial choices (McLeish and Lambert) followed but the players were largely their choices.

At Blackpool people forgot the meteroic rise and blamed the Oyston's for everything. Admittedly they haven't helped themselves for other reasons, but it also reads sometimes like a man at the end of his tether.

Look elsewhere and you'll see really bad owners. Blackburn: Owned by one of the world's largest poultry companys but something like £180m in debt? How did that happen? Closer to home, Northampton Town. Ex-Chairman under criminal investiagtion for misappropriating a council loan intended for a new stand. Charlton - Basket case. Portsmouth - fell and fell and fell.

Newastle are solvent. So few clubs truly are. And in truth there is rot at the heart of the club - but a number of players were relegated last time as well. Should they have been changed? Absolutely. Is this the fault of the chairman? Difficult to say - Newcastle (and I say this as a former resident) is a fabulous place for a Brit, but for a foreigner? It lacks the "wow factor" (I know, I know and I'm sorry!) of Manchester or London.

Not quite got the charm of Gianfranco!
He's a far superior manager to any of the guys we've had in since the Pozzo takeover. Zola was decent, but lacked a clinicalness that meant he was too friendly with the players, Sannino was clinical but his lack of knowledge of te English game was huge. We then had 3 managers in a week, with Garcia being appointed then carted to hospital, McKinlay (who in my opinion was the best of the lot) took charge of one game before being asked to move on and then Big Slav toon us up but was never going to lead us in PL, he was too loyal to players. As for this muppet we have in now, how a Premier League manager doesn't learn from mistakes, I don't know. Says something in an interview about what doesn't work...then does it anyway! Square pegs into round holes since January, didn't improve the vital areas in January and if it wasn't for FA Cup run, he'd have been long gone!

So yes, Rafa in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back