A&H

True Story...

The Referee Store
I'm taking the dog down the beach today. He loves the beach.

Should be great fun.

His name's Shark.

:D

A collection of one-liners:

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Lif is too short.

Life and beer are very similar - chill for best results.

Beer is a gateway drug to aspirin.

She only made whisky but I loved her still.

Why is it that the PC brigade (or the feminists for that matter) never object the the fact the the access point to the space between the ceiling and the roof in a house is called a "manhole"?

Why is it that the PC brigade (or the feminists for that matter) never object the the fact the the access point to the space between the ceiling and the roof in a house is called a "manhole"?
Perhaps because that's not what it's called? The term "manhole" is most often used to refer to an access point for an underground space such as a sewer or water main etc, though it can also be an opening used to get into something like a vault or large vessel. I've never heard of it being used for roof space. Manhole covers are usually found on the ground, on streets or pavements.

Perhaps because that's not what it's called? The term "manhole" is most often used to refer to an access point for an underground space such as a sewer or water main etc, though it can also be an opening used to get into something like a vault or large vessel. I've never heard of it being used for roof space. Manhole covers are usually found on the ground, on streets or pavements.
Completely missed the point which obviously missed the mark of being funny but that's ok. :)

I so nearly wrote the same thing! LOL I don’t know whether to laugh or cry! I need to get out more;)

Reactions: one
A curious young man one day asked his father:

"Dad, why did you give my sister the name Teresa?"

"That's because of your mother's total obsession and love for all things Easter," replied his father. "You know how she loves it all so much, Easter Sunday, Easter eggs, the Easter bunny etc... Well, when your sister was born, we decided we couldn't name her "Easter", so we settled on Teresa which, as you know, is an anagram of the word "Easter"

"Oh I see" the young lad replied.

"Anyway, added his father, "what made you ask me that Alan?". :D

Back