A&H

Trump is President!

I voted the leave the EU, but I wouldn't dream of voting for UKIP, and I wouldn't have voted for Trump if I lived in the US, though I'm not sure Clinton would have been much better.

Interesting. Can I ask why you voted to leave the EU?

The Referee Store
I didn't vote on Brexit day but watch what's going on carefully. The elite don't like what's going on one bit, voters aren't following years of expected predicted voting patterns.

My racist, anti everything USA living Dad is over the moon with Trump, me, not so. Not sure what's coming here or over there but democracy has spoken so let's get on with it.

Interesting. Can I ask why you voted to leave the EU?

I looked at all the evidence I could both for and against.

I am of the opinion that the EU is broken, what's started as a free trade bloc has morphed into a huge mess.

I decided that we would never effect change from within the EU, and therefore the only chance for things to change was to vote to leave.

It is (if it actually happens) going to be difficult, and there will be a period of pain. But I do think that we as a nation are not over the hill yet, and will be more than capable of making our own way in the world, like we did for hundreds of years before the EU.

Will I regret the decision? Only time will tell, but I think we'll be better off out.

There are many reasons why I wouldn't vote UKIP, but the main one is
They're a joke, and I wouldn't trust them to run a bath.

As SF points out, I found it interesting that Trump lost the 'popular core' yet still won the election as a whole. Just part of the voting system I guess.

Personally could never bring myself to vote for him, with his character playing a large part in that alongside his political opinion.

But like the Brexit vote, I voted leave for the record, the people have spoken and the decision has been made so we'll have to see what happens over the next 4 years.

There's a massive difference between Brexit and Trump ...

.. if Trump turns out to be a disaster they can get rid of him in four years (assuming he hasn't started WW3 by then and the world as we know it still exists ..!).

.. if Brexit turns out to be a disaster we are stuck with it for ever, there's no chance to rescue it after 4 years and note to go back in.

Maybe I didn't word what I was trying to say very well Rusty? It's time for the nations to unite (The US over Trump and us over Brexit) rather than people sitting with a bottom lip wobbler complaining that tbeu disagree with the result.

Nothing positive will come out of either situation if the people don't get behind what is happening and support it, whether they like it or not.

Back