A&H

unbadged shirt

jofusref

RefChat Addict
has anyone else noticed mike jones isnt wearing a badge in the fa cup replay, a bit odd a select group referee cant afford double sided tape

The Referee Store
I suspect the issue is more that the double sided tape doesn't like his shirt.

This year's Nike kit doesn't seem to be as willing to keep badges on as previous ones.

Yeah, it probably fell off. Mike has done an FA competition final so will have been awarded the FA badge, but this season it seems increasingly common that badges are falling off so must be down to the kit. The FIFA referees have frequently been seen without their badges as well, and there is no way they would have left the changing room without that stuck on.

Didn't watch the game, didn't notice his unbadged shirt but just seen a video on BBC Sport's fb page, Jones and his assistants missed a fairly blatant handball outside the penalty area by the Derby keeper (admittedly on the wrong side for the nearest assistant), Leicester player yellow carded for his protests at the non-award of a free kick. :confused:

Tenous link- I lost 1/2 mark on an assessement this season due to one of my assistants not wearing a badge. Completely missed it, the observer didn't! Live and learn

Tenous link- I lost 1/2 mark on an assessement this season due to one of my assistants not wearing a badge. Completely missed it, the observer didn't! Live and learn
Wow.

Out of interest, did he mention where the guidelines are on what badges you're expected to wear when? That would seem to be a key resource if you can lose marks because of it, but I've only ever been told what badge I'm expected to wear for a league cup final. All the rest of the matches I do, I guess.

I remember an observer getting in a tizzy with me this season because I've had my RN logo instead of a county logo. Once as an assistant (the other two had County badges) and one in the middle. I politely reminded the observer (who wasn't actually observing me) that I'm not a Cornwall FA referee, but a Royal Navy referee. "Why are you refereeing in Cornwall then?" :wall:

Just out of interest, what competency were you marked down in?

I remember an observer getting in a tizzy with me this season because I've had my RN logo instead of a county logo. Once as an assistant (the other two had County badges) and one in the middle. I politely reminded the observer (who wasn't actually observing me) that I'm not a Cornwall FA referee, but a Royal Navy referee. "Why are you refereeing in Cornwall then?" :wall:
Observer has a point, why weren't you out refereeing bucket-ball on a flight deck in the middle of the Med?! ;):D

Reactions: DB

I would be appealing that right away, he simply isn't allowed to do that and should be struck off the observer's register.

Observer has a point, why weren't you out refereeing bucket-ball on a flight deck in the middle of the Med?! ;):D
Just a couple more weeks and that's what I'll be doing :bite::sorry:

I've just had someone else ask me this question about badges earlier this evening. As a reasonably up to date Observer I'd like to think that I know the regs on badges (I don't btw).

Just to be clear, IDGAF about your badge, your sock length, whether you're in fanboi kit or something from 4 seasons ago, just do the job right ffs.

Back