A&H

Unseen OFFINABUS

JoetheRef

Level 7 Referee
Hi Guys,

In my U16 match this morning, off the ball I heard a player call another a f****t, however I didn't see which player said this. Obviously had I seen it would have been a red card. As I didn't see, I didn't do anything, should I have?

The Referee Store
Hi there, sometimes this happens... And to be truthful there's not lots you can do about it other than trying to keep as many people in eyesight as possible at all times.
And that can depend on the position you are moving to and from for example rather than run backwards or forwards, side stepping and opening up the body can bring more players into view.

In terms of what has been said in this example you could not take any action at the time because you did not see who said it.

What you do need to do, due to the discriminatory nature of the language (homophobic) is report what you have heard to the FA via an extraordinary incident report on whole game (if in UK). Report everything you remember that is factual. Time in game. Where you were on the pitch. The current game situation. Any allegations that were made to you.

James is spot on with this. I've attached the guidance below:

Use this website, and find the PDF titled "FA Guidance on dealing with discrimination for match officials". This will help guide you through what to do now, and in future!

All the best with your reffing

Back