A&H

Unusal one

The Referee Store
Yes, ball is in play once kicked and clearly moves. The kicker can't play the ball again until it has been touched again by any other player. Similar to any other restart.

Hypothetically, what if the second touch resulted in DOGSO?
Please elaborate on the scenario where you hypothesize that a second touch from a kick off could plausibly end up as a DOGSO offence. I'm genuinely interested to see what that would look like.

Please elaborate on the scenario where you hypothesize that a second touch from a kick off could plausibly end up as a DOGSO offence. I'm genuinely interested to see what that would look like.
How about this:

Red team go behind in last minute of important match. They come up with a tactic that involves entire team lining up at half way line and rushing forward as ball is kicked (sort of like in Rugby). Keeper takes kick off and entire red team race forward. Ball gets caught in a freak gust of wind and blown back towards red goal. Blue forward races towards ball with an easy tap in ahead of him. Red keeper who took KO races back and plays a superb challenge, taking ball away from blue attacker before he has even touched it: but it is a double touch offence for red, IFK and a red card! Not saying this is very likely, but you did ask.

How about this:

Red team go behind in last minute of important match. They come up with a tactic that involves entire team lining up at half way line and rushing forward as ball is kicked (sort of like in Rugby). Keeper takes kick off and entire red team race forward. Ball gets caught in a freak gust of wind and blown back towards red goal. Blue forward races towards ball with an easy tap in ahead of him. Red keeper who took KO races back and plays a superb challenge, taking ball away from blue attacker before he has even touched it: but it is a double touch offence for red, IFK and a red card! Not saying this is very likely, but you did ask.
Very inventive. However, I did ask for a plausible scenario. ☺️

I think I've made a horrible mistake in reading comprehension :oops: I didn't intend the kick off bit!

However, picture this if you will:

87' Red team down to 7 players (3VCs and an OFFINABIS), Blue have just scored their second to make it 2-1 in the cup semi-final.

In desperation, the Red team manager (who himself has a yellow for dissent) instructs his team to line up 5 on the halfway line, with the centre back to hit it forwards in hope of a throw in.

The centre back slips as he winds up his massive hoofball, knocking the ball sideways a couple of yards. Panicking, seeing a Blue team striker racing towards the loose ball completely unchallenged, the centre back throws out a leg from his prostrate position, knocking the ball away from a striker who had a clear run at goal.

Whistle blows. Game stops. Red card for the centre back.

I'm sure you'll agree Peter that this is a much more plausible scenario ;)

There was a video floating around d a year or two ago with a DOGSO double touch issue from a GK. As I recall, the GK tapped to a teammate who had cleared out, and with an attacker racing in, the GK was by himself and cleared the ball away from the infusing attacker.

Still an IFK.
Unless it was a handball 😉

For OP, for game management, and just like any other restart, it has to be clear that the intent of the first touch was to take the restart.

I had a case where it looked very much like the first touch was a rushed set the ball which ended up about a foot in opponent half. Then a long shot forward towards right wing. Ordered another restart with no issues.

Back