A&H

Utd v Chelsea

Ryanj91

Thoughts on this head lock?

Was listening to it on the radio and they said VAR checked it and there was no clear and obvious error.

Screenshot_20201024_192410_com.twitter.android.jpg

The Referee Store
The still doesn’t look good, but in real time it looked a regular header clear and nothing more.

I’d suggest this was deemed “subjective” rather than “obvious error”

The still doesn’t look good, but in real time it looked a regular header clear and nothing more.

I’d suggest this was deemed “subjective” rather than “obvious error”
It's interesting that opinions could vary so much. For me the real time looked much worse that the still. He had his arms around his neck and shoulder long before the ball arived, preventing him from lifting and leveraging his own jump.
Put it this way, are we happy for every defender behind an attacker to do this for a header? This is not a regular header for me.

Screenshot_20201025-125421~2.jpg

Last edited:
It's interesting that opinions could vary so much. For me the real time looked much worse that the still. He had his arms around his neck and shoulder long before the ball arived, preventing him from lifting and leveraging his own jump.
Put it this way, are we happy for every defender behind an attacker to do this for a header? This is not a regular header for me.

View attachment 4643
Khabib would be proud of this move. I’m expecting a tapout at any time.

Reactions: one

View attachment 4643

I don’t understand how an arm wrapped around an opponent from behind is a “regular header.”

I’ll clarify my point. In real time; the live footage I saw was from behind Maguire, making it look as though he’d got higher and headed the ball away.

It was 180 degrees to the image that clearly shows the holding. There’s no way to tell that from the original TV angle, hence it looked a regular header.

Back